How to solve most of the corruption

1. Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    '07 A4 Quattro, '19 Ram Rebel
    Liked:
    1. Term limits. No member in the house and Senate can serve more than 2-3 terms at most
    2. No more lawyers, we've have enough serving, think last count was 90%
    3. They're public servants, not the ruling class, thus their salaries are slashed and they don't get special treatment
    4. People can't vote for senators anymore, has to be done the old fashioned way
    5. No family member, or ex congressman/senator can be a lobbyist or serve on any special board. Anyone caught violating such act will be punished to the full extent of the law
    6. No more insider trading or anything, and any law they pass for we the people, they're the first to deal with it, no more exemptions
    7. All members and their staff will be drug tested at random, without warning and anyone testing positive for illicit substances will be dealt with
    8. At the end of their term, everything they've said and done will be out in the open for the people to see and judge
    Just a few things, feel free to add anything or comment, though 90% of the problem would be solved with term limits

2. UKCATS

UKCATS Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Rubicon 2 door/2020 Gladiator Rubicon
    Liked:
    I play piano in a whorehouse
    9. For every new law passed, two must be repealed.
    10. End the FISA court.

roaniecowpony and Rogues Gambit like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Rogues Gambit

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    11. Decentralize the power, no more federal agencies the states can handle themselves (aka EPA, DEA, DOE, etc.)

Dagwood and UKCATS like this.
  4. pablo_max3045

pablo_max3045 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 Rubicon
    Liked:
    Engineering project manager
    You are both wrong.

Here is the correct answer.

5. pablo_max3045

Vehicle(s):
    2019 Rubicon
    Liked:
    This would actually make it impossible for businesses to survive in the US due to regulatory type approval rules not being harmonized within the union.
    Imagine if MI said, you cannot use band 4 or band 5 for your cell phone, and the neighboring states chose different bands that you were allowed to operate in. Then other states, still more bands. Maybe the next state over has the same bands, but only half the power limit.
    It would be impossible to make a product that complies with all the rules.
    That is only one example.
    Business want and need harmonized rules.

roaniecowpony and Rogues Gambit like this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Rogues Gambit

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    Gotcha, gotcha

So maybe revamp 11 but also reduce redundancy and increase simplicity as well, as in merge agencies that are similar enough and then go through the departments with a fine comb and remove the lazy bum lifers

7. pablo_max3045

Vehicle(s):
    2019 Rubicon
    Liked:
    hmmm.. Why should the government have a say in what folks put in their bodies? Seems like that falls under the scope of personal responsibility.
    So long as they are not high at work, no reason for me to care what they do.

Likely having a 2-3 term limit would solve a lot of issues.
    I would further put an end to the 2 party system in favor of a multi-party system. The main issue with the 2 party system is that when one party has a tiny majority in both houses, they have no incentive to compromise and thus you get policy that 50% of the country hates.
    Far better that no one has the clear majority and a coalition government of different parties gets formed. This way it is much harder for any one group to totally bugger everything up for everyone else.

Rogues Gambit likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    Rogues Gambit

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    Last thing we need is for someone on illicit substances governing us and come up with rules and regulations while they're high and/or drunk

I'm all for multiple parties; currently got blue dog Democrats, moderates and then the radical libtards, RINOs, Cuckseratives, Conservatives and Libertarians and then Populists. Why not branch em off instead of two parties with separate factions

9. Dagwood

Dagwood Well-Known Member

First Name:
    David
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
    Liked:
    I'm fine with anyone making their own choice, but on the flip side, don't tax me or come to me to take care of someone that can only sit on a couch in their underwear and smoke dope and eat cheetos all day. All choices come with consequences. Remove the safety nets for those that make poor ones. Hunger is a great motivator.

UKCATS and Rogues Gambit like this.
  10. Dagwood

Dagwood Well-Known Member

First Name:
    David
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
    Liked:
    In order to fix politics you must remove all money and power from it. It was meant for the best and brightest to donate their time and wisdom to better the country, not their pockets.

UKCATS and Rogues Gambit like this.
  11. OP
    OP
    Rogues Gambit

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    Exactly.

Our ancestors didn't come here for a welfare check so they could be home all day, drinking in their underwear, binge watching TV and scratching their balls now

That aside, the Public Servants ("Elected Officials") should be drug tested constantly, since as I said, some of these laws, rules and regs were written by people clearly out of their mind on stuff

12. CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    #12 Oct 10, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    Edit on #1 - Two terms maximum; same as the President. (there is zero reason why a member of Congress should become a multi-millionaire while in office).
    9. No lifetime salaries; salary ends at the end of the term.
    10. No pension plans; all members of Congress shall immediately be placed on Social Security.
    11. No separate insurance plans (unless they pay for it out of pocket). All members of Congress shall immediately be placed on the Affordable Health Care Act.

What is good for the people is more than good enough for them. For far too long the ivory towers and pillars in which they reside are so out of touch with the average person, they have nothing in common and have completely forgotten about the reasons they entered office and who it is they serve.

Rogues Gambit, UKCATS and Dagwood like this.
  13. pablo_max3045

Vehicle(s):
    2019 Rubicon
    Liked:
    To be fair, my ancestors came over from Ireland and Scotland, so they likely did drink all day ;)
    I have no issue with people who need help getting it.
    however, it should not be "free". There are loads of meaningful things that people could do. Clean the parks, clean the litter off the streets. Labor at public works projects if they are unskilled.
    If they are disabled, they could sort emails or answer the simple emails from the public. They should at least need to do "something" while the tax payer is footing their bill.

14. UKCATS

UKCATS Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Rubicon 2 door/2020 Gladiator Rubicon
    Liked:
    I play piano in a whorehouse
    Well, holy shit! The first time ever we agree on something. Well said.

15. OP
    OP
    Rogues Gambit

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    Exactly, said it better than I could and there are sadly illegals who game the system (work + get all sorts of benefits).

I think America needs another "Operation Wetback" (whether it needs a name change or not is debatable), we have the people on record who abuse the system and if they work as well, where and whose hiring them.

It'd be more to destress the current system(https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/new-map-cost-illegal-immigration-state), have job openings available for those looking as well as housing, cost the Dems their voter base and clean up certain neighborhoods.

After that, we go after the mayor's and governors who allowed their cities and states to fall into despair (any big city in Cali, NYC, Detroit, Chiraq, etc.) And replace them with Guliani type officials for a year to improve things.

Also begs the question though; are those big cities as bad as they are due to illegals voting and voter fraud, or would solving both not make a difference

Again, just my two cents on all this