Sponsored

How to see see invoice price?

ddorrer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JK
I am starting to research a 2021 Unlimited Altitude JL. Read a lot about dealer invoice as a starting point for negotiating. I emailed a local dealer and started the back and forth about a specific stock number. They , of course were excited about a possible sale. Then I asked to see the actual invoice for that specific Jeep. RED FLAG! Both the sales guy and sale manager flat out said NO. How can buyers see the invoice or should I just keep shopping other dealers?
Sponsored

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I think you can use the configurator spreadsheet on the forum here and it gives you invoice price. Gives you a place to start with the dealer if they don't want to tell you.

KDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
In Canada I have used Unhaggle . com to get the invoice price on vehicles. What is gave me for a 2019 Santa Fe was identical to what the dealer showed me on his computer. I don't know if it works in the U.S or not though.

PaulwithJeep

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500, 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
If you are interested in working with a dealership that is fair and open about pricing I can help. I will work with any of my forum peeps off the invoice price on Wranglers. Feel free to hit me up.

Sponsored

Brenden

First Name
Brenden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon unlimited manual, 2021 Ram 1500 ecodiesel crew
Just leave. Even my small town dealer gave me the POC. It has all the options msrp and invoice for each option.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
use the spreadsheet on this forum.
then,
1) walk into the dealer armed with the sheet.
2) Hand it to them.
3) Tell them the exact price you are willing to pay. (Pick your number... 5% under invoice is “good’ with about$200-ish for dealer “fees’..... you may wish to ask for more or less..... your decision)
4) tell them it’s non-negotiable And that you already have Financing lined up and don’t have a trade.
5) tell them that they have 10 minutes to decide to agree to that price or not.
6) Buy it if they do. Walk if they don’t.

normally, i would not take this approach with a dealer. But, based on your post, they sound like asshats to begin with so...... give them one shot.....Only one..... no bull...... to make a deal.
Sponsored