Sponsored

How to Secure a Subwoofer? Brainstorm with me?

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
JKs weren't known for hard hitting bass either..........
Im just coming from a view of trying to make the most out of the litte space i have out of my 2 door. And experience with about 3-4 setups so far. The best ive gotten was down firing in the cargo area. But maybe the bass hes getting out of this speaker and position is perfect for his setup where i have close to 2500 worth in amps sub and headunit. But again if it works for him i still think its a great idea. Just think your loosing some potential bass for how much you probably spent.
Sponsored

alex_kcco

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU

ziff73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR & 2013 BMW M5 (former)
I am really curious as to how this turned out, i've been looking at all sorts of options to limit the amount of cargo space I lose, do you have any photos?
it's not bad. here are a few pix. good low profile and load bearing for items on top.

so far i've kept the factory alpine sub in place however it's disconnected. I may reconnect it to see how it plays together.

i wound up getting the 10" version which is rated 400W RMS, which is being powered by my JL 700XD/5v2 which is rated 300W at the sub channel. any concerns here? i've been somewhat reasonable on the gains, though set a little higher than JL instructed using the multimeter test.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_20647TRT10/Kicker-47TRTP102.html?tp=112

ps - i put the sub digital remote knob under the parking break in the hole that's already in place (under the rubber pad)

Jeep Wrangler JL How to Secure a Subwoofer? Brainstorm with me? IMG_3052
Jeep Wrangler JL How to Secure a Subwoofer? Brainstorm with me? IMG_3053
Jeep Wrangler JL How to Secure a Subwoofer? Brainstorm with me? IMG_3054

alex_kcco

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
it's not bad. here are a few pix. good low profile and load bearing for items on top.

so far i've kept the factory alpine sub in place however it's disconnected. I may reconnect it to see how it plays together.

i wound up getting the 10" version which is rated 400W RMS, which is being powered by my JL 700XD/5v2 which is rated 300W at the sub channel. any concerns here? i've been somewhat reasonable on the gains, though set a little higher than JL instructed using the multimeter test.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_20647TRT10/Kicker-47TRTP102.html?tp=112

ps - i put the sub digital remote knob under the parking break in the hole that's already in place (under the rubber pad)

Thanks for the response! I ordered it today along with a Kicker amp

Renegade Wrangler

First Name
Gasan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Spice Man
LaGunaJim.

What $300 pair of speakers do you recommend (more MIDS sound) for the Rear sound bar?

I have JLaudio 4" & 1.75" TWEETERS on front dash and in lower kick panel.
I have too much HIGHS. I need MIDS
I put ES 100 K Focals, 4 ohm and they sound great.

Sponsored

Chris.steger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
So just to add what I’m now using. I got this little gem from frostbiteaudio. It was custom built. I follow them on ig. It’s a kicker l7 in a sealed box! I have a kicker 1200.1 installed for power. And this thing blew my mind for what I wanted! Need my soundbar upgrade ASAP to keep up with it! Once again wedges against seat and tailgate for an unremovable fit withOut opening the tailgate.

Absolutely love this!!!
I can't thank you enough for this post!!!

This is exactly what i was looking for! I will be ordering one of these!!

Thank you so very much!

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Absolutely love this!!!
I can't thank you enough for this post!!!

This is exactly what i was looking for! I will be ordering one of these!!

Thank you so very much!
Not a problem. Love to help out. Box and l7 is loud and clear can feel the hits in your chest and im sure i dont even have it fully tuned properly! Im sure youll love it more once installed. Also its super tught fit so it takes a big amount of force to try and remove it.

Chris.steger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
Not a problem. Love to help out. Box and l7 is loud and clear can feel the hits in your chest and im sure i dont even have it fully tuned properly! Im sure youll love it more once installed. Also its super tught fit so it takes a big amount of force to try and remove it.
Quick question- but does it sit flat when the seat is folded down?
Im looking for something that sits flat with the seat back when it’s folded...
I DJ on weekends and can’t loose space, but it it sits flat with the seat, I can still fit equipment in and be able to have subs....
Hope that makes sense...

thanks...

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Quick question- but does it sit flat when the seat is folded down?
Im looking for something that sits flat with the seat back when it’s folded...
I DJ on weekends and can’t loose space, but it it sits flat with the seat, I can still fit equipment in and be able to have subs....
Hope that makes sense...

thanks...
So the guy who makes the box actually helped me pull all the measurements. You may want to take a fraction of it off probably a quarter of an inch maybe less. With the seats folded it pushes mine to far forward. Im running a 12 which didnt leave much option. If you run 10’s or ask him from frostbiteaudio im sure he can help with a solution. He started making custom jeep boxes that are more weather proof right after i ordered mine. Just give him a pm on instagram. Hes a really cool helpful guy.

Chris.steger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
So the guy who makes the box actually helped me pull all the measurements. You may want to take a fraction of it off probably a quarter of an inch maybe less. With the seats folded it pushes mine to far forward. Im running a 12 which didnt leave much option. If you run 10’s or ask him from frostbiteaudio im sure he can help with a solution. He started making custom jeep boxes that are more weather proof right after i ordered mine. Just give him a pm on instagram. Hes a really cool helpful guy.
Awesome!!!!
I’ll hit him up tomorrow...

I saw this post this morning and have been thinking about this all day...
Excited that this option appeared....

And yeah- I was going to do a 10- maybe 2 if it would fit.....

thanks!!

Sponsored

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Awesome!!!!
I’ll hit him up tomorrow...

I saw this post this morning and have been thinking about this all day...
Excited that this option appeared....

And yeah- I was going to do a 10- maybe 2 if it would fit.....

thanks!!
If your worried about space it may not work with 2. Im not even properly tuned with one 12 l7 and it dumps. If your in a 2 door like me one 12 is perfect down firing. 2 10s maybe but probably all your trunk space. Our tailgate unlike the jk has a big stupid bump/cupholder which makes finding that perfect measurement a pain. If not id have 2 12s. Another option if you really want to push 2 10s is jl audios basswedge. If you face it to downfire these sound great aswell just takes more space. but i do like my l7 more tbh.

Chris.steger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
If your worried about space it may not work with 2. Im not even properly tuned with one 12 l7 and it dumps. If your in a 2 door like me one 12 is perfect down firing. 2 10s maybe but probably all your trunk space. Our tailgate unlike the jk has a big stupid bump/cupholder which makes finding that perfect measurement a pain. If not id have 2 12s. Another option if you really want to push 2 10s is jl audios basswedge. If you face it to downfire these sound great aswell just takes more space. but i do like my l7 more tbh.
Ok. Good to know....
I rolled a BRP box in my 2017 JKU- it hit so awesome...
Maybe 1 12 would be perfect.....

I’ll check out the JL option too.
You rock!!!!!

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Ok. Good to know....
I rolled a BRP box in my 2017 JKU- it hit so awesome...
Maybe 1 12 would be perfect.....

I’ll check out the JL option too.
You rock!!!!!
If you have a jlu the options expand enormously. You have a really cool option from ds18 to float mount 2 12s and keep most of your trunk space. Its not my choice cause its visable but as a dj it might actually peak your interest.

Chris.steger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
If you have a jlu the options expand enormously. You have a really cool option from ds18 to float mount 2 12s and keep most of your trunk space. Its not my choice cause its visable but as a dj it might actually peak your interest.
Yeah- that’s the problem. I have a JL- 2 door,,, so I’m limited.
I had a custom fiberglass box in the storage area in the rear, but with the cover on it- it wasn’t loud enough.
So I sold it and am looking at this option... Think it will be perfect!!

the pic is my old setup.

48A39F29-D8A0-4AEF-B91A-6DB609D389E7.jpeg

Renegade Wrangler

First Name
Gasan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Spice Man
I installed rubicon enclosure and replaced the sub with rockford roseate power series sub. Saved space the the bass is real!!!

F0AC7EDB-14F8-40B4-80AC-3EDC14C90251.jpeg

94BEA122-FACB-454D-A5DE-787D2A7F8993.jpeg
I have just finished upgrading my system and was thinking of doing the Sub which is still running on the factory amplifier. I wanted to upgrade the sub but keep it in the same enclosure just like what you did how was the fitment did you do any cutting in the back of the enclosure, also noticed that you did a special ring between the sub and enclosure, where did you get it from.
Sponsored