Sponsored

How to Secure a Subwoofer? Brainstorm with me?

Renegade Wrangler

First Name
Gasan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Spice Man
I did a 4 channel amp with components in the kick panels with the tweeters on the dash and components in the soundbar, now I want to run a separate amp for the sub and did not want to change the enclosure. Just like what you did, I don't think anyone did that yet. I put the DSR1 Fosgate to use the preamplifier signal from the 8.4 alpine system. I am running all Focal system. So the sub you are using obviously its protruding a bit from the enclosure, which one is it so I can get the measurements also did you do any cutting to the enclosure, back side or around the sub. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Anyone have an issue with lights dimming? Im thinking i may have connected my amp + to the wrong spot on the terminal. Im getting a a p1db1 code cause my ess system is failing due to battery voltage. I may rethink my connections and try another route. Starting to hate the engine off

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
I did a custom install. I wanted something low profile so when I had the top off no one would look at my sound system and think of stealing it. So I bought a stock Rubicon alpine enclosure and I replace the woofer with a rock for Fosgate woofer and had a really good car audio shop where I live custom fabricate me the ring so I can adapter woofer to the enclosure. Because of the woofer I use which uses a lot of wattage about 600 W continuous for a 10 inch woofer. I use the Rockford Fosgate T 1000 app that is used for ATVs that’s a five channel. The thing rocks my whole system is essentially Rockford Fosgate. My amp is smaller than a book and tucked under the dash. It also powers to 6 1/2 components on the dash and on the sound bar. Are used SSV adapters for the sound bar. Everyone over here is my system loves it and its loud
Would you mind sharing where you put the amp in the dash, possibly with a picture?

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Despite having the alpine system on my 2 door Rubi which is pretty good, it's just not enough to satisfy the audiophile in me. I'm in the process of replacing my 8.4" to a stinger hieigh10 and will be replacing the soundbar with the DS18 setup. Decided to replace the factory sub with the DS18 JBass tailgate subs and will be using the cubby to make a nice little amp rack and then cover it with a vented piece of plexiglass. Anyway here is what the subs look like.

IMG_20210327_154941756_HDR.jpg

LanceM

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigredpawdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 2d
Occupation
System Admin
When in doubt, make it yourself...

Jeep Wrangler JL How to Secure a Subwoofer? Brainstorm with me? IMG_20200710_224723
Jeep Wrangler JL How to Secure a Subwoofer? Brainstorm with me? 1620766215271

Jeep Wrangler JL How to Secure a Subwoofer? Brainstorm with me? IMG_20200717_173214

Jeep Wrangler JL How to Secure a Subwoofer? Brainstorm with me? IMG_20200717_173233

Jeep Wrangler JL How to Secure a Subwoofer? Brainstorm with me? IMG_20200720_133725

Jeep Wrangler JL How to Secure a Subwoofer? Brainstorm with me? IMG_20200723_120941

IMG_20200710_224749.jpg

Sponsored

CalPolyDM

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Despite having the alpine system on my 2 door Rubi which is pretty good, it's just not enough to satisfy the audiophile in me. I'm in the process of replacing my 8.4" to a stinger hieigh10 and will be replacing the soundbar with the DS18 setup. Decided to replace the factory sub with the DS18 JBass tailgate subs and will be using the cubby to make a nice little amp rack and then cover it with a vented piece of plexiglass. Anyway here is what the subs look like.

Jeep Wrangler JL How to Secure a Subwoofer? Brainstorm with me? IMG_20210505_204452196
How do you like the DS18 bass enclosure? How was install? Does it rattle? How much trunk area do you give up in the 2 door? Any other insights? Thanks!

Rssazn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU, Grand Cherokee L, BMW M5
I just finished my sub install today. Made the box to bolt to the tailgate
Jeep Wrangler JL How to Secure a Subwoofer? Brainstorm with me? IMG_20210505_204452196
Bro that is fkn clean! you made it yourself? or do you got a link to it? Wanting to do something very similar to this!
Sponsored