First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I finally had one of my Dewalt 20v Max batteries die. It’s only a few years old and hasn’t been used a ton. I’d seen this technique before but never had to use it. It works.

Many times a “dead” battery isn’t bad, it’s just got a bad cell or cells. Other times, it’s just completely discharged to the point that the charger sees zero current and doesn’t read it as a battery and therefore won’t start the charging process. That’s what happened to mine.

Here’s a video to make it charge again. It’s not my video, I’m in no way affiliated. There are tons on YouTube like this one. Hopefully it can save someone money who was about to trash a perfectly good battery that simply wouldn’t take a charge.

Sponsored

JohnSarge

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sport S Sarge Green
If one cell is bad it’s dead unless you want to go through the hassle of changing a cell which is not trivial

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
If one cell is bad it’s dead unless you want to go through the hassle of changing a cell which is not trivial
Yes. This fix ain’t for that. Although replacing an individual cell isn’t terribly difficult, it’s much more involved than this fix. And individual cell replacement is far less expensive than replacing the entire battery. Some DIY types don’t mind it when compared to dropping $100 on a new battery.
Sponsored