Sponsored

How to retain XR suspension for warranty or not to?

sts90

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Unlimited XR
So Jeep gave me one of those max care warranties for my trouble while I wait for dealership to installed my new 2.0. However, I have been busy reading and piling/buying parts. I have a metal cloak mid bumper with caps, bar, skid plate, and evo 10-s to replace the plastic bumper. I also have a hard top being custom painted to replace soft top. Will I have a front bump stop bottom out problem without buy/ installing metal cloak rear bumper to balance front out? Also, I would like not to invalidate the suspension warranty, if I do have bump stop issue, would a spacer lift cause a problem? I am open to other suggestions.
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
So Jeep gave me one of those max care warranties for my trouble while I wait for dealership to installed my new 2.0. However, I have been busy reading and piling/buying parts. I have a metal cloak mid bumper with caps, bar, skid plate, and evo 10-s to replace the plastic bumper. I also have a hard top being custom painted to replace soft top. Will I have a front bump stop bottom out problem without buy/ installing metal cloak rear bumper to balance front out? Also, I would like not to invalidate the suspension warranty, if I do have bump stop issue, would a spacer lift cause a problem? I am open to other suggestions.
What are you worried about in regards to a warranty? What part of a quality suspension lift do you expect to fail?

OP
OP
sts90

sts90

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Unlimited XR
What are you worried about in regards to a warranty? What part of a quality suspension lift do you expect to fail?
Nothing failing. I don't want to be hit bump stops every time I off road in the front after I install everything, why I asked if I would have that problem. Secondly, If this would be the case, would adding the rear bumper help correct the level to stock, should I just go spacer kit for leveling, or other suggestions.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Nothing failing. I don't want to be hit bump stops every time I off road in the front after I install everything, why I asked if I would have that problem. Secondly, If this would be the case, would adding the rear bumper help correct the level to stock, should I just go spacer kit for leveling, or other suggestions.
Any suspension upgrades you do will be fine.

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

You will definitely get a little sag on the front from all the added weight, but you may not notice it.

Adding more weight to the rear may level the Jeep out, but it will not lessen the chance of hitting the bump stops up front.

If you are really worried about the sag and hitting the bump stops, stiffer springs or a lift are probably your best bet.

OP
OP
sts90

sts90

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Unlimited XR
You will definitely get a little sag on the front from all the added weight, but you may not notice it.

Adding more weight to the rear may level the Jeep out, but it will not lessen the chance of hitting the bump stops up front.

If you are really worried about the sag and hitting the bump stops, stiffer springs or a lift are probably your best bet.
Thanks, I figured that is what is needed.
Sponsored