Sponsored

How to reset TPMS Symbol lit on dash board

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Basic Science ; temperature and pressure are directly proportional. Cold weather, tire pressure has to be increased to compensate. Just added to my tires, Winter is here.
Sponsored

Yankee1019

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 RAM 1500 Crew Cab, 2023 JLU Reign Willys
Basic Science ; temperature and pressure are directly proportional. Cold weather, tire pressure has to be increased to compensate. Just added to my tires, Winter is here.
That's why you should always fill your tires with nitrogen....... /s

OP
OP

Arif

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I
Was anyone else a little surprised to see the tire pressure in bar and not psi? I mean it makes sense being a Canadian Jeep but still weird! lol
I mean people can LOL as much as they like, but check reality. Such a simple thing, but the dash display scared the daylights out of me - 2.2 / 2.4 (with no psi) - what the heck is that!!

CDRMidnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I

I mean people can LOL as much as they like, but check reality. Such a simple thing, but the dash display scared the daylights out of me - 2.2 / 2.4 (with no psi) - what the heck is that!!
One of my divers that I was guiding on Saturday was from Norway, so her pressure gauge was in bar, while the rest of us were using psi... Talk about messing with your head when doing a round of "How's your air?" questions underwater!!! :CWL: :LOL::facepalm:

Cheers,
-CM-

Yankee1019

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 RAM 1500 Crew Cab, 2023 JLU Reign Willys
One of my divers that I was guiding on Saturday was from Norway, so her pressure gauge was in bar, while the rest of us were using psi... Talk about messing with your head when doing a round of "How's your air?" questions underwater!!! :CWL: :LOL::facepalm:

Cheers,
-CM-
And it's not like it's common knowledge that 1 bar is approx. 14.5 psi...... 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

Vann_DK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Wrangler 2 Door
SO I came here with a similar problem. But my tires have dropped down to 30 psi (315/70/17 Patagonias) which I have read is a perfectly acceptable level. It may actually be preferred. So is there no way to run at 30 psi and not have the indicator trigger?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
That’s definitely confusing and all around bad information! Figures the source for the Google result is a dealership. Lol
LMAO. "And then deflate them completely."

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
LMAO. "And then deflate them completely."
Yeah - I didn’t say “deflate them completely” You trying to say the information he found online wasn’t bad? Educate me Mr. Expert.

WOwen

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WB Hellcat, 2016 Wrangler, 2021 392 Wrangler
Mines always on. My 37's run at 30-32 nice and smooth. Anything about 34 and she will wander.

Vann_DK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Wrangler 2 Door
Mines always on. My 37's run at 30-32 nice and smooth. Anything about 34 and she will wander.
Man that's annoying. Really wish this bastard was a bit more analogue.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Yeah - I didn’t say “deflate them completely” You trying to say the information he found online wasn’t bad? Educate me Mr. Expert.
Dude, read the pic he posted.

Bob Burd

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snwburd.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The information was bad because it wasnt for a 2020 jeep wrangler. Just because you google with "2020 jeep wrangler" in there doesn't mean google will return a relevant search ( though most times it does). The article was dated 2019. It was probably for an entirely different vehicle.
Edit: ok i redid the OPs search and found the article. It IS from a Chrysler/ Jeep dealer, but it's generic info across many makes/models/years. The dealership probably grabbed it off the web and called it good.

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
Was anyone else a little surprised to see the tire pressure in bar and not psi? I mean it makes sense being a Canadian Jeep but still weird! lol
like dang! i thought he was legit running at 2.2PSI and I was like this dawg is the king!

OP
OP

Arif

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Set mine to 36. Light instantly went off. All good now.

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
The information was bad because it wasnt for a 2020 jeep wrangler. Just because you google with "2020 jeep wrangler" in there doesn't mean google will return a relevant search ( though most times it does). The article was dated 2019. It was probably for an entirely different vehicle.
Edit: ok i redid the OPs search and found the article. It IS from a Chrysler/ Jeep dealer, but it's generic info across many makes/models/years. The dealership probably grabbed it off the web and called it good.
That first part… “Locate the TPMS button” is the tip off to it being bad info for any JL owner.
Sponsored