How to remove rear seat AC Vent?

Foster_WV

First Name
Foster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ & JLU
Broke a vent in the arm rest for rear seat. Any links or info on how to remove it? 2019 SportS JLU Thanks

Jeep Wrangler JL How to remove rear seat AC Vent? D3CEE688-6D9E-4712-AD57-A3D22DA48327
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Broke a vent in the arm rest for rear seat. Any links or info on how to remove it? 2019 SportS JLU Thanks

Jeep Wrangler JL How to remove rear seat AC Vent? D3CEE688-6D9E-4712-AD57-A3D22DA48327
Not sure if it’s the same method as JK vents, but here is a video on how to remove it with the JK.

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
Think you got to replace vent panel. I had mine off last weekend to reconnect an ebrake cable that came disconnected installing the lift.

if I remember correctly it’s 2 10mm bolts at the bottom of the console and 2 torx screws under the arm rest. Then it pops out in standard clip fashion.

OP
OP
Foster_WV

Foster_WV

First Name
Foster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ & JLU
Think you got to replace vent panel. I had mine off last weekend to reconnect an ebrake cable that came disconnected installing the lift.

if I remember correctly it’s 2 10mm bolts at the bottom of the console and 2 torx screws under the arm rest. Then it pops out in standard clip fashion.
Thanks Arterius I was hoping that worked but could not feel the clips mentioned in the vid

XJFanatic so you say I don’t need to remove the entire console ? That would be great.

Thanks

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
Nope I just popped off the back. Let me see if I can find the YouTube vid

Sponsored

OP
OP
Foster_WV

Foster_WV

First Name
Foster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ & JLU
Nope I just popped off the back. Let me see if I can find the YouTube vid
Really appreciate the link! My google skills are slacking today. It’s really cool how Jeep people just help other Jeep strangers

I’ll post part# and cost after I fix it.

Thanks again!

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

mine are always closed. im constantly reaching back there to open the vents for the kids. does this happen to anyone else? i was thinking maybe the bouncing around on the road causes them to close. thinking about figuring out a way to jam something in there to keep them open all the time lol.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
mine are always closed. im constantly reaching back there to open the vents for the kids. does this happen to anyone else? i was thinking maybe the bouncing around on the road causes them to close. thinking about figuring out a way to jam something in there to keep them open all the time lol.
Shouldn’t be loose like that.

But I know kids like to kick around back there maybe that’s why it’s always closed?

I always find footprints on the back of the front seat when kids are riding in the rear.

OP
OP
Foster_WV

Foster_WV

First Name
Foster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ & JLU
If they are loose I found out they snap together.

Also to remove the panel two screws under armrest then pull. 6 snaps hold it in

Vents come out from back side once panel removed 5 T20 screws. Vents are side specific

Jeep Wrangler JL How to remove rear seat AC Vent? 77CDF530-1122-483A-BA09-71F103F14BA3
Jeep Wrangler JL How to remove rear seat AC Vent? 408CA4B4-DAF4-41BA-8F23-FE43D63D86F1
Jeep Wrangler JL How to remove rear seat AC Vent? FAB8A35A-3B4F-4009-ADC4-745EC64E4534

Jeep Wrangler JL How to remove rear seat AC Vent? DE33BFEB-5FB4-43CA-8DBF-93B37C0E5F13

Sponsored

Jim1964

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I was searching and came across this thread because I have the same problem, only it’s my dogs that keep closing the rear vents. I’m hoping someone has a clever idea how to afix these in the straight open position?

Been thinking of maybe even disassembling the vents and try to remove the directional fins entirely. Or maybe epoxy them in place from the backside?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
My dogs closed them all the time too. I removed the vents, but I didn’t disassemble the whole panel like the above video, I just used a plastic interior tool to pop the small panel on top that the vents are in, then popped the vents out of that panel and reinstalled it.
Sponsored