Sponsored

How to remove key from key fob?

Tdizz11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
how do you remove the little pop out key? I’ve been searching around and I’ve watched the videos but I still have yet to see how the key is removed. One thread said a hex driver and another said something about poking. Can anyone let me know? I want to use my spare as a hide away and I don’t want to break it
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I want to use my spare as a hide away and I don’t want to break it
Spare key or spare fob ? Most dealers will give you a replacement fob , and program it for you . Then you can ask them to take that one apart .

OP
OP
Tdizz11

Tdizz11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU

Sponsored

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
I think I know what you are trying to do. Easiest way is to order on line a 2016 renegade emergency key. It has the same dimensions as the key on your fob. Have your local locksmith, not hardware store, laser cut it to match. Hide the key where you want. be aware the key will open the door but the alarm will sound. You can't start the Jeep with it either. I wrapped my second fob in aluminum foil and hid it inside and plan to use the spare key to enter and retrieve it if necessary. Now if I can only remember where I hid them......

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
Seriously? you the key fob is not designed to allow temporary removal of the key? and you can't even use the jeep with the key if you don't have the fob? And the alarm will go off when opening the door while you locate your hidden fob covered in tin foil and unwrap it (after you spend the money to get an extra fob and tear it apart for the key).
We rely on a functional key for kayaking and paddling ocean activities since we can't risk soaking a fob in salt water or having it stolen on shore. We will have to carry a waterproof bag to hold the keyfob? If I had know that I would not have ordered a proximity unlocking option.
Sponsored