First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
This is not a current issue with my Jeep but it could be for any of us.
I recently tested this and if your Jeep will not start or the electrical system is malfunctioning such as a dead battery or whatever, I don't see any way out of park and into neutral. I've tried many ways and each one fails. Only after the engine is running will my automatic Jeep allow me to take it out of park. Not even possible to put the transfer case in neutral. Any ideas on this?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

there is a manual unlock on the shifter area

Sponsored

OP
OP
Carolina Jeeper

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ok, it works! I didn't read the manual about that since it never occurred go me it wouldn't just go into neutral by pressing the brake pedal like other vehicles.

So I pulled the little black unmarked door off, pulled the orange colored strap upwards and it retains this position. Pushed my Jeep a little to verify. Then simply pull the strap upwards again and it falls back to normal position. Verified that it's in park afterwards. Pretty easy!

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Ok, it works! I didn't read the manual about that since it never occurred go me it wouldn't just go into neutral by pressing the brake pedal like other vehicles.

So I pulled the little black unmarked door off, pulled the orange colored strap upwards and it retains this position. Pushed my Jeep a little to verify. Then simply pull the strap upwards again and it falls back to normal position. Verified that it's in park afterwards. Pretty easy!
Your penance is to read the manual from cover to cover without falling asleep.

Jeep Wrangler JL How To Put Disabled Jeep in Neutral 592195DC-DD37-4718-BDBE-2E1851722F96

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler

Sponsored

OP
OP
Carolina Jeeper

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
As a retired airline pilot, I was thinking that it might be a good idea to learn how your 40K + machine works.

G
Very true. That's exactly what I was in the process of doing when I realized it is different than previous vehicles I've owned.

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
When mine had to be towed I just left it in park and forced the T-case into neutral. Wasn't that hard to slide it in there. Did the same thing when a friends Jeep went TU 30 miles into the desert. Left it in park and T-case into neutral and hook the strap up. My problem was a dead baby battery, his was a cracked fuse box.

OP
OP
Carolina Jeeper

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
When mine had to be towed I just left it in park and forced the T-case into neutral. Wasn't that hard to slide it in there. Did the same thing when a friends Jeep went TU 30 miles into the desert. Left it in park and T-case into neutral and hook the strap up. My problem was a dead baby battery, his was a cracked fuse box.
I was attempting this but I couldn't find the neutral zone. I must have just given up too early.

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door

Good info!👍
Sponsored