Sponsored

How to measure height?

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
I park in a parking garage which has a posted height limit of 6' 6". I have a 2 door Sport. I've changed the tires to 295/70-R17. I've added some weight (steel bumpers, winch, lights). I'm planning to add a takeoff Rubi suspension. I have a soft top on.

What is the most accurate way to measure the full height? I was thinking about parking on level surface and using a long flat stick of some kind to lay across the top, then measuring from that to the ground.

6' 6" sounds like plenty of clearance to me. I don't think the Rubi suspension will add much more than 1.5" from what I've read here.
Sponsored

Brian1022

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Liberty (formerly), 2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
If you are really concerned, I would suggest making a rig where you measure from the bottom of a stick or pipe to the ground and drive under it. Lower it a little for a safety margin

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
If you are really concerned, I would suggest making a rig where you measure from the bottom of a stick or pipe to the ground and drive under it. Lower it a little for a safety margin
..or put Brian's stock/pipe on the highest point of your roof and measure from below it to the ground at a perpendicular angle ...?
Sponsored