First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
I would like to have 2-wheel drive low. Basically want to trick the computer when the Jeep is shifted into 4H or 4L that the FAD has engaged by bypassing the electric shifter circuit and not produce an error code. Anybody have or have access to a wiring schematic for the electrical plug that goes to the FAD unit.
Sponsored

8flat

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
In for answers. I'd like this for backing up a trailer, especially up an incline. (manual trans) They put such a damn high geared reverse in it, I'm slipping the clutch all the time or else I'm going to fast to be safe with kids around. And of course the 3.6 has zero power at idle so it's shuddering like an epileptic chicken unless it's revved at least to 1500 RPM. Stupidest design I've ever seen on something with a tow package.

OK rant over, haha, 2LO would be slick.

OP
OP
mazeppa

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
In for answers. I'd like this for backing up a trailer, especially up an incline. (manual trans) They put such a damn high geared reverse in it, I'm slipping the clutch all the time or else I'm going to fast to be safe with kids around. And of course the 3.6 has zero power at idle so it's shuddering like an epileptic chicken unless it's revved at least to 1500 RPM. Stupidest design I've ever seen on something with a tow package.

OK rant over, haha, 2LO would be slick.

530294525ae5de02fc022d58.jpg

I installed the Teraflex 241OR 2WD low-range sift kit in my JK, used it a lot for backing my trailer.

8flat

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

I installed the Teraflex 241OR 2WD low-range sift kit in my JK, used it a lot for backing my trailer.
No way....that is cool. Wonder if it'd work for our JL, I'll check. Thanks!

8flat

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

Well, no luck. Their website only shows a kit for the JK, and one for the TJ.

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I had this on my YJ... can’t remember how the system worked or what it was called but it was a toggle switch in the cabin to activate 4 x 4, and the t-case only controlled gearing. So if I put the t-case in 4-LO without hitting the toggle, I’d actually be in 2-LO.

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
This would be something great for the Tazer to add.
I’ve actually been wanting the same thing.

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
This would be something great for the Tazer to add.
I’ve actually been wanting the same thing.
Yeah it would be nice but I don't think it's technically possible since the FAD is hard-wired to the drivetrain control module on the wiring diagram. I believe the tazer live functions operate by intercepting and/or inserting messages between modules on the message bus. But without a physical connection on the FAD harness there's nothing it can do to spoof it.

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JT
I’m bringing this back up. Has anyone seen a 2wd option for the JL? One option I just thought about was plugging a 2nd uninstalled FAD (with fork cut off) to the original wiring harness, and wiring an auxiliary switch to the original FAD on the axle. This would allow the 2nd uninstalled FAD to trick the computer, while allowing full control of the axle. Thoughts?

Last edited:

thance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Commander, 2002 Liberty, Looking for JLURD
I believe with a tazor you can tell it you don't have a fad so then it won't complain and you're free to wire up your own switch.

KeithM

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 06 Duramax, e39 Touring
Occupation
Software
Anyone out there done this? If so, how do you like it?
Is anybody confident that there won’t be any long term issues with having a fad electronically disconnected? I understand there is a fork that slides a collar back and forth. Just a little concerned if it might move around if “disconnected”. No idea if there is a real reason for concern.

I use the tazer now, but it is pretty cumbersome. It would be cool if I could use one of the aux switches.
Sponsored