How to make the ride more comfortable

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Better than adjustable LCAs? That's making a lot of assumptions.
The brackets flatten the LCA angle at ride height, like they are stock.

He’s not looking for clearance, strength off road, or bushing articulation.
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
The brackets flatten the LCA angle at ride height, like they are stock.

He’s not looking for clearance, strength off road, or bushing articulation.
Right but you can't fine-tune caster angle with brackets either. These likely get the caster close to a factory Rubicon, which is still way too low.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Any wheel with multi fit lug holes will not be hubcentric. His wheels have 10 lugs holes so that they will fit multiple 5 lug applications.

Hucke_250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport
Any wheel with multi fit lug holes will not be hubcentric. His wheels have 10 lugs holes so that they will fit multiple 5 lug applications.
Then I’d think there is a good chance the rim is not centered on the hub. My understanding is that to center them without a ring he’ll need to torque the lug nuts in 20lb increments starting at 20lbs and work his way to 130lbs.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
After first being tightened 20-30 lbs they can be tightened in the proper sequence to the torque spec. Then re-torque after 50 miles.

Also, make sure the lug nits have the correct taper to match the wheel. This has caused many people headaches and they have no idea that the fix is so simple.

There’s one other thing I should mention that hasn’t been brought up. When tires are mounted they use a slippery, soapy lube to make the tires slide on the wheel easier. If you drive normally when leaving the tire shop, the wheel that gets traction will spin away from it’s balance spot relative to the tire. The tire can slip up to a 1/4 of a turn which will ruin the balance. When you have new tires put on accelerate and brake very easy. After 10-20 miles of driving, the heat of the road and braking will dry the lube and the tire wont move anymore.

OP
OP

OreoJeep

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler

Sponsored

OP
OP

OreoJeep

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Steering wheel is shaking again :( went to another shop and they suggested the metalcloak game changer lift and yake off rough country. Metalcloak is a lot of money and i dont go off road. Im thinking about getting LCA?

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
These threads are becoming more common. I really wish people would do more research before buying.

Okay, for some constructive feedback... The lift you have leaves quite a bit to be desired, even for street use. You need to correct your caster angle. Longer lower control arms, or angle correction brackets. Every manufacturer makes longer or adjustable lower control arms for a very good reason. Angle correction brackets can be found by a handful of different manufacturers now, and work well for street Jeeps. In the long term you will also need to correct the left/right location of your axles with a set of adjustable track bars. The other thing that is killing the way it rides is the tires and wheels. The sidewall of your tires are a crucial part of your vehicles suspension. Reducing the amount of sidewall you have with 20" wheels and stiffening it with a high load range is going to ride rough. Tires are supposed to squish and deform slightly when contacting the imperfections in the road. So the last thing you want to do is to limit its ability to do that.
A recap from earlier. At the very least get some adjustable lower control arms. The Metalcloak ones are very good.

OP
OP

OreoJeep

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
A recap from earlier. At the very least get some adjustable lower control arms. The Metalcloak ones are very good.
Thx u! Yes im def looking into the LCA. A shop wants me to get the full game changer suspension.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Thx u! Yes im def looking into the LCA. A shop wants me to get the full game changer suspension.
It's a great kit. But since you've already paid for another one, I'd recommend doing the lower control arms first, as they will be the biggest benefit in driving stability.