Sponsored

How to lockout certain USB jacks from CarPlay?

RubyToBe

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be 2019 Rubicon
Hi all - I’m using a USB cable from the front dash media center to charge/CarPlay my iPhone XS...is there any way to “lock out” all of the other USB ports in the car from prompting/interrupting my CarPlay whenever someone plugs something in? Basically I just want all of those jacks to be available for charging only-no data transfer. Please and thank you! Sincerely- Frustrated dad :)
Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't found a way. What I do is use a small 12v adapter with 2 ports for charging for passengers then use the USB in the center console for my charging/Android auto.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@RubyToBe

I have my passenger's use the USB port on the rear of the center console.... specifically, the USB port on the passenger side back there. They easily run the USB cable forward from there. That USB port provides smart phone charging but does not trigger/play with, Android Auto or CarPlay.

No, you cannot dictate to USB port what and how....

First Name
MW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.0 l JLUR
Hi all - I’m using a USB cable from the front dash media center to charge/CarPlay my iPhone XS...is there any way to “lock out” all of the other USB ports in the car from prompting/interrupting my CarPlay whenever someone plugs something in? Basically I just want all of those jacks to be available for charging only-no data transfer. Please and thank you! Sincerely- Frustrated dad :)
THIS
white-up-pointing-backhand-index_emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type-1-2_1f446-1f3fb_1f3fb.png

From another frustrated dad. Lol.

Needalife

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 TJ, 2019 JLU Rubican
You can also get usb cables for charging only and keep them in the jeep for others to use.

Sponsored

CJ-ING-RJ

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 73 CJ5, 07 Electra Glide
If what I'm hearing is correct I'm going to be so happy. I absolutely hate the Android auto and Apple CarPlay Apps and the way it F*×%s with your phone and radio.

adifabio

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JL
@RubyToBe

I have my passenger's use the USB port on the rear of the center console.... specifically, the USB port on the passenger side back there. They easily run the USB cable forward from there. That USB port provides smart phone charging but does not trigger/play with, Android Auto or CarPlay.

No, you cannot dictate to USB port what and how....
In my 2018 Jeep safari JL, those rear ports also connected to CarPlay, both usb & usb c.. I have not found a way to disable them yet as they are all annoying when someone plugs in their phone and disturbs the screen

thundermuffin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Soft top

StephanieW

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score