Sponsored

How to know if my Jeep delivered in July 2020 had clutch recall done?

LawrenceR

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
I ordered my 2-door, Willys in February of 2020 and took delivery of it in July 2020. Yesterday I received the letter from FCA giving me notice of the clutch recall.

I know what they say about when one "assumes", my question is, can I assume that since my Jeep build was held up due to the clutch recall and finished after the "fix" was in place at the factory - can I assume my build received the "fix" and the letter I received was not necessary?
Sponsored

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I ordered my 2-door, Willys in February of 2020 and took delivery of it in July 2020. Yesterday I received the letter from FCA giving me notice of the clutch recall.

I know what they say about when one "assumes", my question is, can I assume that since my Jeep build was held up due to the clutch recall and finished after the "fix" was in place at the factory - can I assume my build received the "fix" and the letter I received was not necessary?
Given the dates, it is likely you had the FIRST clutch recall done and now have received the notice for the SECOND clutch recall.

You can tell if the first recall was performed by looking to see if the clip on the hose from the brake fluid reservoir has been removed. Look on this page to see the clip - it should not be there and there should be a protective sleeve over the hose.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...erheating-clutch-pressure-plate.47887/page-42

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
You definitely do not have the second recall done, but you can confirm by entering your VIN on the website or by installing the Jeep smartphone app (worth doing so just for the recall alerts).
Sponsored