Sponsored

How to keep the neighborhood stray cats from sleeping in my doorless Jeep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I had an issue with cats getting on my hood and then getting startled and scratching my paint. So upsetting when you don’t own any cats. I went to harbor freight and bought one of those live animal cages and ended up catching the cat. Used chicken wings we ate that night. Caught it and then called the animal society. They came out and took him from the cage and off he/she went. I still have the cage too in case I ever need it again.

If you catch him and he or she doesn’t have a collar, I say fair game to call and have it taken to a shelter.

Dfideth

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6 Sarge
Occupation
Crane Tech
I agree with mad dog, get a cage. Solved my squirrel problem.
just took him to work and let him go.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Nice little bowl of anti-freeze placed on a floor mat... and I’m a cat dad.
That''s fu__d up. And I don't even like cats. That's a horrific way to kill a cat. Shoot em before you do that.

Sponsored

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
He looks affective...
Screenshot_20210421-073832_Samsung Internet.jpg
and I hear he'll take care of your "situation" for a few $$bones$$!!!😁

1-800-555-WOOF

(You didn't hear it from me)

OP
OP

nunziotocci

First Name
Annunziato
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Husqvarna Svartpilen 701
Of course asking the owner of the cat to be responsible would be completely out of the question and just stupid. Carry-on.
We have spoken to the neighbor about it a few times, but he likes "his" cats.

I had an issue with cats getting on my hood and then getting startled and scratching my paint. So upsetting when you don’t own any cats. I went to harbor freight and bought one of those live animal cages and ended up catching the cat. Used chicken wings we ate that night. Caught it and then called the animal society. They came out and took him from the cage and off he/she went. I still have the cage too in case I ever need it again.

If you catch him and he or she doesn’t have a collar, I say fair game to call and have it taken to a shelter.
We got a cage from animal control after the two adults had kittens. We managed to get all of the kittens, but the adults eluded us.

I appreciate everyone taking the time to respond. I'll just order a cover and kill too birds with one stone: cats and rain.

Here's the one I've decided on, mostly because I keep the door surrounds and soft top mounted: MasterTop 11111609 Full Door Cab Cover for 18-21 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited with Soft Top Folded Down | Quadratec

lawffroad

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
We have spoken to the neighbor about it a few times, but he likes "his" cats.

We got a cage from animal control after the two adults had kittens. We managed to get all of the kittens, but the adults eluded us.

I appreciate everyone taking the time to respond. I'll just order a cover and kill too birds with one stone: cats and rain.

Here's the one I've decided on, mostly because I keep the door surrounds and soft top mounted: MasterTop 11111609 Full Door Cab Cover for 18-21 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited with Soft Top Folded Down | Quadratec
thanks for taking a humane sensible approach! it'll be a worthwhile investment!

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Our rescue tabby isn't allowed in the garage, because he makes a beeline for the shiny red climby toy. The wide flat bumpers are easy to hop up on to, and the soft fabric top apparently feels nice to his fully tactical paws. Lord knows how much fur would accumulate on the seats if he was allowed in the vehicle. OP, you have my empathy.

-----------------

Last year, I trapped a litter of kittens, and the mother, that had billeted themselves under my shed. A sympathetic friend of my neighbor took them in, got their shots up date, had them microchipped, and managed adoptions for all to responsible families. Had the friend not been available, I'd have turned the felines into the Humane Society from which our rescue was later adopted.

Jeep Wrangler JL How to keep the neighborhood stray cats from sleeping in my doorless Jeep? Trapped

During the Cold Times, one of the neighborhood strays (they come and go) do tend to hunker down in the engine bay of my daughter's SUV, at night, while the engine is still warm. That vehicle has to park in the driveway. The telltale paw prints did keep reappearing on the plastic valve cover trim, after the previous ones are wiped off.

To dissuade the aforementioned behavior, I experimented and had reasonable success with a pet-safe repellant spray. Sold as a stain and odor treatment, its sickeningly sweet scent works to repel the animal(s) in question from the treated area. My discovery of this effective off-label function was a happy accident, as Bob Ross would say.

If you purchase the linked product, use it sparingly when indoors. Seriously.

Good luck.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
The owner of the cat is fully responsible. Once I put the owner on notice. If they don’t care about there cats safety . I no longer care about there cats safety.
Next step , the cats body mysteriously ends up on the owners porch. Simple.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Pay your local Chinese or Korean restaurant to take care of the cat problem for you
Yes because every Chinese or Korean person salivates at the sight of a cat.
Jeep Wrangler JL How to keep the neighborhood stray cats from sleeping in my doorless Jeep? 1619018794520

Are you stereotyping or just outing yourself as a racist?

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
girl i work with just said the aluminum foil which was mentioned and also i guess they don't like the smell of cinnamon. . .
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.