Sponsored

How to keep my new JL windshield bug free!?

THEREED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I wax all of my windows including the windshield. Recommend Collinite 825 and apply in shade and make sure you work it all off. This doesn’t prevent the bugs but a LOT easier to clean once they are there
Sponsored

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
The windshield sits at an odd angle and bugs are going to hit it. I have a full ceramic pro treatment on my JL, including the glass and the bugs are still a problem. The good thing is, they wash right off. I also keep a can of Spray-way and a couple of waffle weave microfiber towels in the vehicle.

Rotties JL

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4dr JL Sahara
Occupation
Retired
I have a bugdeflector on my hood and F-11 on the JL and no problems here!

xtremegene02

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
What’s the secret to keeping my windshield bug free? I had just washed it and within a mile down the road splat! Am a newbie so be gentle.
Good luck with bug free 🤣, although I have found that using rainx helps the bugs slide off easier, lol.

Sponsored

Jsmeltz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
After washing all bugs off really well, spray Pledge furniture polish on your grill and front of hood lip. This will make the bugs wash off easy. As far as the windshield, just wash it everyday with a good glass cleaner and scrub hard to keep clean. I know it sucks, but we love our Jeeps....

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
Give that windshield a good Rain-X treatment. Really helps with removing the splats. Keep some Invisible Glass wipes handy. They do a good job of cleaning off bug splatters.