Sponsored

How to keep mice out of my stored jeep...

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
You should get those eyelashes for the headlights, that oughta do it...
Sponsored

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
We used to store an RV for six months at a time. I still store my one owner 99 Camaro SS convertible six months at a time. We now live in our RV full time but even Florida can have some cold stretches that will motivate rodents to search out something warm & cozy.

I've had mice make a nest in dryer sheets. The electronic device I bought once was useless. I'd rather not have to mess with traps, for a variety of reasons. The only two things I've found that will work are mothballs or the afore mentioned Fresh Cab. I'll place mothballs anywhere that won't allow the smell into the living quarters of the motorhome, the battery compartment, under the hood in the engine compartment and in our water bay. In our "basement", directly under the living area I'll use the Fresh Cab.

In the Camaro I'll exclusively use the Fresh Cab, I don't want the lingering smell of the mothballs when I'm in the car.

Fresh Cab was originally developed for farmers whose equipment may go unused for much of the year. It's all organic and available at Tractor Supply, or similar stores, our local hardware store or on-line.

Fatboy97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon JL
I know that some of you probably store your jeeps for extended time. How do you keep mice from getting in? I heard about drier sheets, moth balls etc. Also heard that if I put the jeep up on jack stands with the wheels off that will work. True?.. And does it hurt at all to have the jeep sitting up on jack stands for 4 months? Thanks for any help.
Get a cat. Problem solved.

BCFRJeeper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Wrangler YJ 2020 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired Navy

Sponsored

Jteakus