How to install all-weather mats?

Swaggy P

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
I can't believe this is happening, but how do you do it? Why is there a bump underneath the mat that doesn't allow it to snap in flush??? An I missing something?
Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I can't believe this is happening, but how do you do it? Why is there a bump underneath the mat that doesn't allow it to snap in flush??? An I missing something?
The Mopar ones? If so, they have a “funnel” on them that is designed to stick through the floor. Is that causing your bump?

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
Pics of the "bump". Also, recommend test fitting everything before final install because unless those instructions have changed, they are alot to be desired. That old saying, "measure twice cut once".

OP
OP
Swaggy P

Swaggy P

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Yes, mopar... How do i stick them through the floor? Cut a hole in the carpet? Lol
The Mopar ones? If so, they have a “funnel” on them that is designed to stick through the floor. Is that causing your bump?

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Yes, mopar... How do i stick them through the floor? Cut a hole in the carpet? Lol
Actually, there already is a hole in the carpet and a plastic plug in the drain in the floor board. The carpet has an oval shaped cut attached at only two small points that you score with a knife to remove.

fair warning ..... a lot of folks don’t like to use that drain funnel on the mats because they fear that water will enter the vehicle from below (rain, streams, etc). So, they just cut the funnel off the backside of the mat.

I passed on these mats for this reason and went with the quadratec/weathertech co-branded mats.

I am assuming that these are your mats. If so, quadratec has some good videos on them

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/all-weather-front-rear-floor-liner-set-jeep-wrangler-jl-4-door

Here are mine(I ripped the ugly green logo off):
https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/digitalfit-front-and-rear-liners-weathertech-jeep-wrangler-jl

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Swaggy P

Swaggy P

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Yes... I figured the funnel was for some sort of drainage, but i got confused when i couldn't locate any sort of slit in the carpet to score...And the mats are awesome, but you'd think the funnel would easily snap on and off?

OP
OP
Swaggy P

Swaggy P

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
I just installed them with the slight bump...The peg near the bump is almost all the way through the mat hole, and the peg further away is fully-through, so the mats aren't moving around.

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
I just installed them with the slight bump...The peg near the bump is almost all the way through the mat hole, and the peg further away is fully-through, so the mats aren't moving around.
When I installed mine, the carpet was 80% or so pre-cut and all I had to do was to finish the cut.

My issue is that the funnel doesn't align easily with the hole in the floor under the carpet.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Live with the bump and get some of these plugs for your mats. Send a PM to jeeporoma

IMG_0730.JPG

IMG_0732.JPG

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

My issue is that the funnel doesn't align easily with the hole in the floor under the carpet.
I didn't have any issue with mine. They are the updated red logo version with the bar at the bottom of the "funnel". Mine went in easily.
Sponsored