Sponsored

How to install a PWE S8 WRA sub in a JLU?

mikec821

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JEEP WRANGLER JL
I bought this Alpine PWE S8 WRA compact subwoofer package to install in a JLU 7", non-alpine, radio. It's supposed to be delivered today and I was hoping to install it myself.

Online there was some conflicting guidance on whether this was JK specific or not. Before I bought it I called Alpine to see if it would work with the JL. They said that the thing that made it JK specific was the mounting bracket not the wiring.

I know Alpine makes a package for the JL that includes this subwoofer but it also includes other upgrades I don't want and it's $1300 compared to this packages $500.

However, I did some more research after buying it and I'm not entirely sure it will work. The connections seem different from the JK to the JL.

I've never done any wiring work like this and the plug-and-play ability was the big draw for me.

Can this be installed in a JLU? If so, how?

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-M1dYk...DuQvT6-k3ZrPx91mfjZ-Z2rFRddGS7bMaAgkgEALw_wcB
Sponsored

iuseJT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT
I bought this Alpine PWE S8 WRA compact subwoofer package to install in a JLU 7", non-alpine, radio. It's supposed to be delivered today and I was hoping to install it myself.

Online there was some conflicting guidance on whether this was JK specific or not. Before I bought it I called Alpine to see if it would work with the JL. They said that the thing that made it JK specific was the mounting bracket not the wiring.

I know Alpine makes a package for the JL that includes this subwoofer but it also includes other upgrades I don't want and it's $1300 compared to this packages $500.

However, I did some more research after buying it and I'm not entirely sure it will work. The connections seem different from the JK to the JL.

I've never done any wiring work like this and the plug-and-play ability was the big draw for me.

Can this be installed in a JLU? If so, how?

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-M1dYk...DuQvT6-k3ZrPx91mfjZ-Z2rFRddGS7bMaAgkgEALw_wcB
I just purchased one. Have you figured out how to install it yet? Thanks