Sponsored

How to fix turn signal out message after installing AAL DRL?

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I have OEM LEDs and I installed AAL’s DRLs. The lights work perfectly and look great. I have a Tazer which has an option to fix the hyper flashing warning. After following the directions multiple times, I can’t get the EVIC bulb out warning to stop. Sometimes one side will display correctly but the other side won’t. Then both sides hyper blink again. Any tips?
Sponsored

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
It's been years since I had to mess with it, and haven't looked at any changes with the Firmware on the Tazer, but in 19 when I converted mine (OEM LED package), to get it to stop hyper flashing on the EVIC, I first set it to halogen and did the whole long reset after I made the changes and waited for it to go to sleep. Then set it back to the LED and repeated the process with no issues. I am not sure if anything changed since though. Hopefully that helps. If not, then sorry man. Your guess is as good as mine

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have this too, even with the optional wiring kit to prevent that. I recently saw a YouTube video by "Edward" that shows how to fix. I was going to try that this weekend, to see if that works - will report back.

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I have this too, even with the optional wiring kit to prevent that. I recently saw a YouTube video by "Edward" that shows how to fix. I was going to try that this weekend, to see if that works - will report back.
Link? I have OEM LED DRL and so I’m not supposed to need the optional wiring, just the Tazer to correct it. They work perfectly, just the incessant hyper flashing and constant bulb out messages in the EVIC drive me nuts way worse than I thought they would. :(

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I didn’t quite catch your drift when you mentioned a video by “Edward”, now I get it. I find him immensely insufferable but if this method works, it works and I’ll give credit where it’s due.

I didn’t perform the process exactly like he demonstrated because it’s not well explained in detail in the Tazer instructions that address it. I’ll go try it and report back too. Wish me luck!
Ditto on all that. Well, I did it-I’ll let you know if it’s a waste of 20mins. Good luck!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Nope. Seemed like it might have worked. But when I started it up to test drive it, each one reverted to hyper flashing as soon as I used the turn signal on that side. :facepalm:

RockyMtJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Have you contacted AAL? I hear their customer support is great

TexasJL21

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I have the same issue on mine. Originally when I installed they worked great after the tazer update. I even have the bulb out fix from them installed inline on the harness. The vehicle rarely gets used unless its heading to a trail and now both my front AAL lights show bulb out and do not even function. I have emailed AAL with no response and tried to turn the tazer back to halogen from LED following all tazer steps. Then turning back to LED from halogen. Right now the lights aren't even turning on with any function.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@Chocolate Thunder if you have JSCAN I believe there is a setting for front light diagnostics and you can toggle this to off, doing so the JL will no longer look at this so I’m thinking it should fix your error message.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yo @Chocolate Thunder: this might be too early to tell, but since I installed these side LEDs, to replace the vents, i have not seen the issue. I typically see it in the rain and i havent in 2 days. Again, might be too early, but so far - so good. These were a gift, but i think there are a few types on Amazon.

Sponsored

crbrenny

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey; 2021 JLR Gecko
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Was this ever resolved for you @Chocolate Thunder? I have the same exact issue and feel exactly the same about it haha

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I got them to work properly. Once in a blue moon if I sit for a while with the indicator on it will flash the message then clear. When I’ve got a chance I’ll go in and see what I had to change but I don’t remember offhand. If I remember I might try to make a video of exactly how my lighting settings are set as I scroll through.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Don't want to bash anyone on purchasing the Jscan or Tazer both are great products and have great customer service. Buuuuuut going through on going head aches or the 7x open close door process is for the birds. Buy yourself an ECRI, plug it in, set lights, while your at it set hood alarm when open, boom done and your not bypassing diagnostics or cheat codes to trick the program. I've mailed my ECRI to several members to do the process here, JK forum and Xe forum and it has worked every time, customer service is hands down awesome and the program is ap based. I'm actually grateful they mailed it back with in a day.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Don't want to bash anyone on purchasing the Jscan or Tazer both are great products and have great customer service. Buuuuuut going through on going head aches or the 7x open close door process is for the birds. Buy yourself an ECRI, plug it in, set lights, while your at it set hood alarm when open, boom done and your not bypassing diagnostics or cheat codes to trick the program. I've mailed my ECRI to several members to do the process here, JK forum and Xe forum and it has worked every time, customer service is hands down awesome and the program is ap based. I'm actually grateful they mailed it back with in a day.
Obviously we all have opinions.... same here, no bashing just posting my opinion.

I have used ECRI, JSCAN, Tazer JL and Flashcal+. (Received each gratis from the principal bringing us the product offering)

Pick of the litter.... in my opinion, the offerings that do the job best, do more are the Tazer JL and JSCAN.

In regard whether to go with a Tazer JL or JSCAN.... depends on your needs.

ECRI and Flashcal+ are very limited in what they can do. Perhaps in time this will change.
ERRI in regard to these two is tops!
Sponsored