Sponsored

How To Fix Stuck Jeep JL Seat!!

skleiner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sport S JL - Sting Grey
I’m not sure if this is the right place but I had to share how I FINALLY fixed my 2 door JL seat that was stuck in the forward position!

Another day of someone getting into the back - they pull the lever and pushed the seat forward as always with no problem… Until I tried to return the seat to the standard position and it would NOT go. The seat just slid back and forth on the rail but wouldn’t click into place to move the back part of the seat.

SOLUTION: Have the seat fully forward for more room to move - reach around under the seat (closest to the door) - there will be a small thin wire cover with black plastic - PULL DOWN (you should hear a click and there will be some light tension) and return your seat to full upright and locking position!!! If it doesn’t work the first time, try it again! It took me 2 pulls the first time to get it

Here are some pictures of the wire. I really hope this helps someone out there. It’s taken me months to figure this out.

B99BF991-3898-477F-9E7A-EBF08FEE7C90.jpeg

EBB6D1E9-D3DC-4AEC-AABD-67B75E5116B0.jpeg
Sponsored

MrTimberwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2016 JKU
I’m not sure if this is the right place but I had to share how I FINALLY fixed my 2 door JL seat that was stuck in the forward position!

Another day of someone getting into the back - they pull the lever and pushed the seat forward as always with no problem… Until I tried to return the seat to the standard position and it would NOT go. The seat just slid back and forth on the rail but wouldn’t click into place to move the back part of the seat.

SOLUTION: Have the seat fully forward for more room to move - reach around under the seat (closest to the door) - there will be a small thin wire cover with black plastic - PULL DOWN (you should hear a click and there will be some light tension) and return your seat to full upright and locking position!!! If it doesn’t work the first time, try it again! It took me 2 pulls the first time to get it

Here are some pictures of the wire. I really hope this helps someone out there. It’s taken me months to figure this out.

Jeep Wrangler JL How To Fix Stuck Jeep JL Seat!! EBB6D1E9-D3DC-4AEC-AABD-67B75E5116B0

Jeep Wrangler JL How To Fix Stuck Jeep JL Seat!! EBB6D1E9-D3DC-4AEC-AABD-67B75E5116B0
I can't thank you enough for posting this.
So here is the story. Oldest son has 2019 JL sport. Got out of Marines and joined Army National Guard. While in MOS training in another state his seat did this to him. No time to take anywhere to get fixed. Been driving Jeep for over a month with seat pushed forward. He just got home Labor Day weekend. I looked at Jeep and could not get it to move. I told him to make appointment at dealer. 2 week wait before they can get it in. Last night saw your post. Showed it to him about an hour ago when I got home from work. We went out looked and found the wire in your pic. damn if It didn't work, seat is fixed. So again thank you for posting this. Saved the kid some money.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
This is awesome! Thanks for figuring it out!

OP
OP
skleiner

skleiner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sport S JL - Sting Grey
I can't thank you enough for posting this.
So here is the story. Oldest son has 2019 JL sport. Got out of Marines and joined Army National Guard. While in MOS training in another state his seat did this to him. No time to take anywhere to get fixed. Been driving Jeep for over a month with seat pushed forward. He just got home Labor Day weekend. I looked at Jeep and could not get it to move. I told him to make appointment at dealer. 2 week wait before they can get it in. Last night saw your post. Showed it to him about an hour ago when I got home from work. We went out looked and found the wire in your pic. damn if It didn't work, seat is fixed. So again thank you for posting this. Saved the kid some money.
WOW so happy to help out! I drove around with mine stuck for about 3 months (luckily it wasn’t the driver side hey) dealer couldn’t figure it out and kept ordering the wrong part etc. finally just took it home without it being fixed. There were a lot of responses saying put a socket in the grove or replace the plastic piece but none of that worked for me until I found this wire.

I really hope more people find this, I know I searched high and low.

Iddgit

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody have the correct part numbers (both drive and passenger)? I had my seat break first at about 20K under warranty and the dealer claimed it was a $300 part as they had to replace the tire seat sliding mechanism. Broke again yesterday on driver’s side…and I need the jeep as it’s my only car (well, jeep, vehicle, you know what i mean). Someone said it’s really only a $4 part to replace the little plastic piece. a part number to start with would be great. Last time it took getting under the seat and prying with a screwdriver to get the seat into a position to be able to drive it. And I also need the back seat (2 door) to be accessible.

never mind, i found them:
6845519aa left side, 6845522aa right side. “Seat position return”
$3.81 online…i assume $20 at the local dealer. I’ll fine out when they open.

Last edited:

Sponsored

KJKWillys

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Granite Crystal Willys - 6 Speed Manual
Anybody have the correct part numbers (both drive and passenger)? I had my seat break first at about 20K under warranty and the dealer claimed it was a $300 part as they had to replace the tire seat sliding mechanism. Broke again yesterday on driver’s side…and I need the jeep as it’s my only car (well, jeep, vehicle, you know what i mean). Someone said it’s really only a $4 part to replace the little plastic piece. a part number to start with would be great. Last time it took getting under the seat and prying with a screwdriver to get the seat into a position to be able to drive it. And I also need the back seat (2 door) to be accessible.
@AllMoparParts.com ?

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The descriptions for the various cables used are not exactly clear. I believe we are talking about #6 here based on the OP's photos which is part # 68372439AB

Jeep Wrangler JL How To Fix Stuck Jeep JL Seat!! 1675212088474

Here is a photo of it
Jeep Wrangler JL How To Fix Stuck Jeep JL Seat!! 1675212203771

A specific VIN may help filter out any cables that do not apply.

- Benny
Sponsored