how to fit my 2 gsds

niara17

First Name
ni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler
Hi fellow wrangler owners who has big dogs. I have 2 german shepherd dogs that we are struggling to fit in our jeep. we have a hardtop and the rear side windows are not sliding open. my boys are around 100+lbs each and they cannot sit comfortably in the middle seat. they love to put their head out the window so we don’t want to put them in the back. any options much appreciated!

Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
We've got a couple ourselves, just not quite as big. We have one of these cargo area liners which helps a little bit to keep their hair out of the carpet. It works with the seats up or down.
Amazon.com: Rugged Ridge 13260.13 C3 Cargo Cover; 18-Current Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JLU, 4 Door : Automotive

I also picked up some of these door protectors: Thin Skinz - Shieldz for your doorz

From tractor supply I got some vinyl coated cable cut to ~12" and some of the cable terminator things to make loops on each end. I clip one end to the floor cargo tie down and their harness on the other. It lets them look out the window, lay down, and turn around.

They fit alright but not much else will go in there with them.

OP
OP

niara17

First Name
ni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler
We've got a couple ourselves, just not quite as big. We have one of these cargo area liners which helps a little bit to keep their hair out of the carpet. It works with the seats up or down.
Amazon.com: Rugged Ridge 13260.13 C3 Cargo Cover; 18-Current Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JLU, 4 Door : Automotive

I also picked up some of these door protectors: Thin Skinz - Shieldz for your doorz

From tractor supply I got some vinyl coated cable cut to ~12" and some of the cable terminator things to make loops on each end. I clip one end to the floor cargo tie down and their harness on the other. It lets them look out the window, lay down, and turn around.

They fit alright but not much else will go in there with them.
do you mind posting a few pics?

First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4XE, 2010 Unlimited, 2002 2d X
They are super cute! Honestly, in my 4xe and my husbands unlimited, we put the back seats down completely and filled in the gaps with something so they can't get their feet caught. In a 4xe that means something between the seat that is rolled forward and the ones just laying down. Otherwise that is a big hold and we were worried our older dog would get a leg broken. In our older 2door we actually removed the back seat completely. This won't work if you have kids, of course, but for us it was the right solution.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll try to get some this evening. The harnesses we got from PetSmart and have a D ring on the top AND bottom.
Jeep Wrangler JL how to fit my 2 gsds 1674675420071

Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh and good point about the 4xe seats @misanthropic789
Ours is a regular one so the seat hole isn't an issue.

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
I have a 95 lb Catahoula Leopard Dog. I put the back seat down and when he stands on that, it's the perfect height for him to stick his head out the back side windows with them half down.
Sponsored