First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
I installed LT315/70R17 tires on my OEM 17 x 7.5" wheels. I have the stock tailgate tire carrier. With the wider section width of the spare tire, the bottom of the side wall is visible on my Uconnect 8.4" screen, when the rear camera is on. I believe if I could extend the camera mount 1/2" rearward, the spare tire would not interfere with the camera's view.

I was looking at my friends new 2022 Jeep Rubicon Xtreme Recon with 8 x 17" beadlocks, LT315/70R17 tires and I noticed the rear camera mount is redesigned to extended out rearward. Due to the larger wheel and tire, I am sure.

1.) Does anyone know if the 2022 Rubi XR rear camera mount will work on a stock 2021 JLUR?
2.) Does anyone have a solution to extend the rear camera rearward about 1/2"?

I would like to keep the camera mounted in the spare wheel center position.

Thanks, Allen
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I installed LT315/70R17 tires on my OEM 17 x 7.5" wheels. I have the stock tailgate tire carrier. With the wider section width of the spare tire, the bottom of the side wall is visible on my Uconnect 8.4" screen, when the rear camera is on. I believe if I could extend the camera mount 1/2" rearward, the spare tire would not interfere with the camera's view.

I was looking at my friends new 2022 Jeep Rubicon Xtreme Recon with 8 x 17" beadlocks, LT315/70R17 tires and I noticed the rear camera mount is redesigned to extended out rearward. Due to the larger wheel and tire, I am sure.

1.) Does anyone know if the 2022 Rubi XR rear camera mount will work on a stock 2021 JLUR?

Thanks, Allen
Probably not what you're looking for but I installed the Motobilt plate relocate and it definitely pushes the camera out. I have a 35 x 12.5 Duratrac on a 9.5" wide wheel and I don't see it at all. Granted, the install is a bit. You need to cut off aluminum camera mount and get power from tail light for plate light.
Let me know if you want some pictures.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe

Thanks, Allen
The XR comes with the Mopar tailgate reinforcement and the spare tire relocation bracket. Which may be what you're seeing.

Would make sense that the CHMSL would need to be relocated up and I'm sure Mopar wouldn't do the standard "move it up a hole" trick. So maybe it is a different piece.
Sponsored

Last edited: