Sponsored

How to drive in snow and ice. A guide for idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal

UTES

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel Sahara, 2018 AMG GT, 2019 MB GLC
Occupation
Retired LEO
I like it.

The reason I have the Jeep is doing so makes it so much easier to get around in the Winter.

Hunter

Dusty Roads

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys Sport
Get a good snow from time to time but mainly we have to deal with ice. It's a pretty good rodeo around here when the roads ice up, complete with clowns. Back in the 70's I had a one ton 4x4 Ford, I was running pipelines then so it had two winches and a set of gin poles. Pulled a lot of vehicles out of the ditch with that one.
I believe it was 76 or 77 I found a new Mercedes sitting in the bottom of a ditch and a very shook up young lady was driving it. Put her in my truck and with the help of a good chain and the old Ford had her back on the road. She tried to pay me and refused that so she asked for a business card and I gave it to her. About a week later I get a call to meet a gentleman at his house south of town. When I got to the house I knew immediately who I was dealing with, everybody knew who he was. He had the largest ranch in the county and was it's third top oil producer. I ended up building him a saddle barn and two sets of working pens on each end of the ranch. About 10 years later he and I ended up in business together and had it until we sold out after 18 years. Now I work for him taking care of his ranch and it's oil and gas production.
Always stop and help somebody, it can be life changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.