First Name
Sho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
Those non US Jeep have the front parking sensors. There is a multi-pin connector and seems to have so sort of locking mechanism on it. I could not figure out how to pull it apart... any ideas?
Sponsored

Rubycon50

First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
Those non US Jeep have the front parking sensors. There is a multi-pin connector and seems to have so sort of locking mechanism on it. I could not figure out how to pull it apart... any ideas?
Do you have a picture to share? Many of the large connectors on the Jeep operate differently from each other.

OP
OP
KananagaS

KananagaS

First Name
Sho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Do you have a picture to share? Many of the large connectors on the Jeep operate differently from each other.
I will take a photo tomorrow when the sun is out.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
without any pics, i'm guessing either a c clip of some kind or is as simple as a pushing down on a retainer clip. similar to the method in replacing a bulb.

OP
OP
KananagaS

KananagaS

First Name
Sho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Here are the connector photos.. I am thinking the gray retainer is the locking mechanism?

On the black male portion, there is a one time push in retainer to secure it to the body frame.

60516D34-3F2E-4989-BB42-F80B594AED8F.jpeg

81939192-322B-4DBA-853D-59B5D79FC5FB.jpeg

Sponsored

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Have @taram or @Rudolph Hart jump in, two EU guys who replaced their front bumper - they should know :)

My guess the yellow locker should go to the right, as apparently the only direction it can go.

OP
OP
KananagaS

KananagaS

First Name
Sho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Have @taram or @Rudolph Hart jump in, two EU guys who replaced their front bumper - they should know :)

My guess the yellow locker should go to the right, as apparently the only direction it can go.
I will give it a try... what about the gray thing? Do I need to pull it off? I tried to pry it open, but no luck.

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Don't pry connectors open ;) Provided of a locking mechanism, once out you can disconnect. Usually this type of connectors do have some sort of guiding annex pins secured by the lock, this way safeguarding the proper connection.

Some examples:
Examples.JPG

OP
OP
KananagaS

KananagaS

First Name
Sho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Don't pry connectors open ;) Provided of a locking mechanism, once out you can disconnect. Usually this type of connectors do have some sort of guiding annex pins secured by the lock, this way safeguarding the proper connection.

Some examples:
Examples.JPG
Ha ha... I was looking at the same web page this morning, still cannot get figure out how to release the gray piece. The yellow lock does not seem to move at all.

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 2.2 Diesel Punk'n RHD
Here you go, guys - I hope this helps:

UPD: just noticed - in the very beginning I made a mistake - you have to pull the grey thing UP and aside, not down - that might be confusing , as I'm pulling it UP in my video. Choose the video quality to 720p - it's 360p by default and the picture sucks.

Sponsored

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 2.2 Diesel Punk'n RHD
Ha ha... I was looking at the same web page this morning, still cannot get figure out how to release the gray piece. The yellow lock does not seem to move at all.
One more important thing - use your trim tool or screwdriver to detach the whole connector from the frame - that will make it a lot easier. The rubber pin is flexible and reusable - I have done this probably 20 times while tweaking my front parking sensors :LOL:

OP
OP
KananagaS

KananagaS

First Name
Sho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Here you go, guys - I hope this helps:

UPD: just noticed - in the very beginning I made a mistake - you have to pull the grey thing UP and aside, not down - that might be confusing , as I'm pulling it UP in my video. Choose the video quality to 720p - it's 360p by default and the picture sucks.
Awesome, that video provides what I need to know to disconnect it. Appreciated.