How to disable remote start?

ClaytonW

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Lexus LX570
I would need to disable remote start (from the key fob) for safety reasons (small children). I don't want them to start accidentally my Jeep in the garage. Does anyone know how to do this? I did not find it anywhere in the Jeep settings.
It also looks that Tazer JL cannot do this. I can probably disconnect a hood sensor (it worked on JK). It would also help with ESS but then I get a warning light.
Sponsored

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
How would a little kid even start the Jeep? They have to push the start button 2 times in a row? Do you let your kids play with the remote? If you're that worried, pop the hood when you get home.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Simple solution - when you park it in the garage, attempt a remote start with the fob while the door is still open. Remote start will be disabled until you push the ignition button.

OP
OP
ClaytonW

ClaytonW

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Lexus LX570
O.K., finally I found a good and simple solution - disassembled the key fob and cut a part of the remote start button.
For a few bucks I also ordered a new key fob cover with the buttons so I can return it back if I would ever need it.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
O.K., finally I found a good and simple solution - disassembled the key fob and cut a part of the remote start button.
For a few bucks I also ordered a new key fob cover with the buttons so I can return it back if I would ever need it.
Didn't realize you were looking to "permanently" disable it. That would definitely do it :like:

Sponsored

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Perhaps keep an eye on your kids and don’t let them play with your keys?