Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve done this before many times on my previous JKU. But everyone i try search for how to check the codes on a JLUR, nothing comes up.

Perhaps I’m missing something obvious, and I’ll feel like an ass after someone tells me, haha. But I can’t seem to find it.

Have my CEL on, want to check what the code/issue is, but I have no idea how?

Help?

OP
OP
ZONA.OVRLND

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Drive over to autozone and ask them to check it.
Yes, that is obvious. But there is a way to check it from my house. Just not sure how on the new JL set up with the push to start.

So again, my question still stands (good try though) how do I check the codes from home?

There is a way to do it so the onscreen gives you a code as to what the issue is without having to drive somewhere just to find out.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Why are you so sure that there is a way to do what you’re asking for? You can buy a scan tool.

OP
OP
ZONA.OVRLND

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Why are you so sure that there is a way to do what you’re asking for? You can buy a scan tool.
Becuase there was on the prevoius JKU, the TJ that I owned years back, as well as a Grand Cherokee that I owned in the last few years. My wife has a Grand CHerokee as well and I can pull up the code for the CEL on it as well.

I have a Tazer JL Lite, that can clear the CEL, but apparently it doesn't tell me what they actually are. I believe the SuperChip one will, but not going to buy that just for this. Have an appointment Monday morning to have it checked out, I just have had them before, and knew how to fix them so i try avoid going into dealerships because some of the people there are complete idiots.

But they will have what is needed to check the computer for the code. So that's the route I'll go.

StammesOpfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n 2.0 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't come across anyway to get it to blink out the codes. I have a little bluetooth OBDII dongle that I can use any number of apps on my phone to read and clear codes and log/view all sorts of other data should I want/need to. It was well worth the cost of the dongle.

Homer

First Name
Geral Hasten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK, 2017 Chevy ZR2 diesel
I have a fault code in my JT even the dealer cant tell me what it is.
I went on ling and also came up blank , code is U0432-00

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
I have a fault code in my JT even the dealer cant tell me what it is.
I went on ling and also came up blank , code is U0432-00

check your catalytic converter. its the only number remotely close to u0432-00

i believe this is off the P list for codes. 0432 1/2 Catalytic Converter Efficiency Catalyst 2/1 efficiency below required level.......

JL.FR

First Name
Casa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU RUBICON 2.0 Turbo MOJITO
Hi , I answer here a little late but I have the same code U0432 on my JLUR 2018 export Europe. I read the code with my Superchip Flashcall JL (with the bypass) but it does not go away when I do a clear this DTC. I do not have a light that turns on (mil or other) and no malfunction. Mystery of the machine ...
Another code (P0152E) was present, but I know, it indicates that on the hood switch the current is not good, it's normal I unplugged to no operate the ESS .

Farrish CDJR