Sponsored

How to change my home addrerss

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
So I moved and would like to know how to change my home address on my NAV system on my 8.4 with Apple Play
Sponsored

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
So I moved and would like to know how to change my home address on my NAV system on my 8.4 with Apple Play

Here is a Uconnect video for you. What I do for the home address is, I put the address of a local school or church close to my house. Reason: If someone stole your car they would know exactly where you lived and possibly cause more damage to your already scarred heart by taking your precious Jeep.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
As mentioned, it is not a good idea to save your HOME location on your onboard NAV system...

You are better off either not saving a HOME location or have the HOME location a place a few blocks away lets say..

Not having a HOME location is prudent, especially, if you ever use a Valet, leave your vehicle parked at airports, at sports complexes, at dealerships, at movie houses, ect... Someone accessing your car, knows your HOME location and that you are not home. Not good...

SO, do not have HOME on your onboard NAV system but DO, have it on your Google Maps, or Waz..
This way when you are in your JL, you can Navigate using HOME.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU

Here is a Uconnect video for you. What I do for the home address is, I put the address of a local school or church close to my house. Reason: If someone stole your car they would know exactly where you lived and possibly cause more damage to your already scarred heart by taking your precious Jeep.
Good idea, assuming you don't have your home address on the registration and proof of insurance in the glove compartment.

Kellen

First Name
Kellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon
Vehicle Showcase
As mentioned, it is not a good idea to save your HOME location on your onboard NAV system...

You are better off either not saving a HOME location or have the HOME location a place a few blocks away lets say..

Not having a HOME location is prudent, especially, if you ever use a Valet, leave your vehicle parked at airports, at sports complexes, at dealerships, at movie houses, ect... Someone accessing your car, knows your HOME location and that you are not home. Not good...

SO, do not have HOME on your onboard NAV system but DO, have it on your Google Maps, or Waz..
This way when you are in your JL, you can Navigate using HOME.
Your vehicle registration is sitting in your glove box with your name and address on it. I don’t think programming your GPS Home location to somewhere a couple blocks away is going to slow anyone down.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Your vehicle registration is sitting in your glove box with your name and address on it. I don’t think programming your GPS Home location to somewhere a couple blocks away is going to slow anyone down.
@Kellen

My vehicle registration(s) indeed have my name on them..... but the address on the registration(s) are not the actual geographical/physical location of any of my homes or businesses. ......Address on the registration is a post office Box at a United States Post Office.

To get around the requirement that you do not use a PO Box on a Vehicle Registration you substitute the PO Box XX with Unit # XX and then give the post offices's street address, City and State and Zipcode.

Sponsored