Sponsored

How tight does the rear freedom top need to be?

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
I've taken my top off numerous times now but I feel like I hear a rubbing noise in the cabin. I am not sure if this related to how tight the screws need to be or if it is something unrelated. I used to think it was the freedom panels bag rubbing inside but don't think so now.
Sponsored

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
I've taken my top off numerous times now but I feel like I hear a rubbing noise in the cabin. I am not sure if this related to how tight the screws need to be or if it is something unrelated. I used to think it was the freedom panels bag rubbing inside but don't think so now.
If you can see they fiberglass of the top start to get closer to the body, you’ve gone too far! I would say 5lbs is sufficient to keep it in place as it’s also the weight of the top and the shape that help hold it there.

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Owner’s manual page 102:

NOTE:
• The Torx fasteners that attach the hard top to the body should be torqued to 88 in lb +/- 22 in lb (10 N·m +/- 2.5 N·m) using the provided #50 Torx head driver and ratchet.

That equates to about 7.5 ft lbs...

OP
OP
jlroman2

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure how I determine the lbs by screwing the screws...
Sponsored