How soon to wax your wrangler & what’s your process?

dpike

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR
when i got mine it was bathed in dealer silicone slime. without stripping it it took quite a while to eventually wear off. if you want to do corrective and sealer right after pickup make a request to your dealer to go light on the shiny goo.

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
when i got mine it was bathed in dealer silicone slime. without stripping it it took quite a while to eventually wear off. if you want to do corrective and sealer right after pickup make a request to your dealer to go light on the shiny goo.
I told mine to not touch it after it is dropped from the truck.

Mike921921

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
I usually give it 6 months, then do a full detail, I use NuFinish. If it's 'love bug' season, then I Vaseline the contact points (grille, mirrors, etc.) - it's very easy to wash off when the bugs subside and does a great job of protection.

Strommen95

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito Sport S JLU
It's a great question, as I've seen modern car finishes ruined when people wax them as soon as they get their new machine home.
Every single mass produced car today and in recent memory reaches the dealer with fully cured paint. Nobody needs to wait to wax, polish or ceramic coat unless the paint job is aftermarket or from a shop.

Advertisement

Chrysler Factory Warranty

Advertisement