Sponsored

How soon to wax your wrangler & what’s your process?

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
when i got mine it was bathed in dealer silicone slime. without stripping it it took quite a while to eventually wear off. if you want to do corrective and sealer right after pickup make a request to your dealer to go light on the shiny goo.
Sponsored

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
when i got mine it was bathed in dealer silicone slime. without stripping it it took quite a while to eventually wear off. if you want to do corrective and sealer right after pickup make a request to your dealer to go light on the shiny goo.
I told mine to not touch it after it is dropped from the truck.

Mike921921

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep
I usually give it 6 months, then do a full detail, I use NuFinish. If it's 'love bug' season, then I Vaseline the contact points (grille, mirrors, etc.) - it's very easy to wash off when the bugs subside and does a great job of protection.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
It's a great question, as I've seen modern car finishes ruined when people wax them as soon as they get their new machine home.
Every single mass produced car today and in recent memory reaches the dealer with fully cured paint. Nobody needs to wait to wax, polish or ceramic coat unless the paint job is aftermarket or from a shop.

Moblrn

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sport S 3.6 liter V6
Occupation
RN
I searched for this thread before posting my question. Glad I found it now.

Thanks for the info.

Rod

AOBE

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR XR 2.0L
Occupation
Self Employed
Wait one month from date of any REPAIR or Immediately after PRODUCTION is safe. Clear coat is catalyzed and car body panel are baked at high temperatures, so any outgassing occurs then.
Sponsored