Sponsored

How silly would a Rubicon on 33s look with a 3.5” lift for a few months?

Craigger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Clubs

You should absolutely be worried about how silly this looks if you bought your Jeep to impress others. /s
Sponsored

cafecito820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I mean, if you want to feel better about yourself, come drive around Florida for a bit and check out all the dumbass F-150s with 6 inch lifts and tires sticking a foot out past the fender flare. Believe me, you could be in a lot worse place.

In all seriousness though, there's a practical reason for what you're doing too. "Filling up the wheel well" is just an aesthetic thing. More space between the fender flares and the tires = more room to flex. Suspension and lift are way more important than tire size if you're going offroad.

Also, Matt from Dirt Road Cred just did a 3.5" Clayton lift on his Rubicon. You can see it in this video here (XR wheels with 35s, but you get the idea):

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
I agree with "who cares?".

But if you add a 3.5" lift to a Rubicon does it raise it a full 3.5"? If you put the same lift on a Sport do you then get 5.5" lift? Or is a 3.5" lift only 3.5" on a Sport and about 1.5" on a Rubicon?
Most lift sizes use a Rubicon as the “zero” height, so any other trim will gain more. On top of that, some springs are true and some are based on steel bumper with winches, sliders and all the heavy factory options (hardtop, auto trans etc).

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
That’s a solid point. It’s a work in progress and it may look a little off, but it’s progress toward my goal.

Besides 37s would only be 4” bigger, so it wouldn’t be vastly different in height. The wheel well would just be a little emptier
37’s will only add 2” of height over 33’s (assuming the respective tires are actually the stated diameter).

old mike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
little red 2021 JLR (Ruby J. L. Tudor)
How silly would a rubi on 33s look with a 3.5” lift for a few months?
Just tell every Jeeper you meet that Lite Brite highly recommended it for advanced and difficult trails and trips to the beach. Before you know it, you'll have started a fad and can make a fortune on YouTube.

Sponsored

missionale

First Name
Jeepie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
silly - very very silly - but who cares - when you are done you'll have the Jeep you want - and it will definitely NOT look silly -

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
Jeep Wrangler JL How silly would a Rubicon on 33s look with a 3.5” lift for a few months? InkedFrontCornerBeforeAfter_LI

I kind of like the look of wheel gap, it looks mad capable to me. You’ve got my vote to go ahead and run it for a bit!
[/QUOTE]

Same.

Sponsored

Jtclayton612

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I think my sport looks a little goofy on 2.5” of lift and 35s, though I do have higher clearance aftermarket flares. BFGs are smaller 35s than most when mounted though.

935C59D4-C0FB-4203-B4F9-ABA6EA426BB4.jpeg

CambinoMojito

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubi Mojito MT
Also OP, I’ve got 5 Cooper STT Pros 37x13.5 I will be removing this week to put on my new tires. I’m the second owner got them for a great deal from a friend bc I was in the same situation. If you’re in TX and interested shoot me a dm, I can send pics and stuff if you are. They still have good life left, but a good bit of rock rash

cafecito820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Just tell every Jeeper you meet that Lite Brite highly recommended it for advanced and difficult trails and trips to the beach. Before you know it, you'll have started a fad and can make a fortune on YouTube.
But only if his slice parades her assets around while he's talking so people pay attention.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Jeep Wrangler JL How silly would a Rubicon on 33s look with a 3.5” lift for a few months? 6409A326-959C-42CA-BCCC-4CC771A410D1

My old JLUR with a Maximus-3 3.5” lift (RK springs) and the original KO2’s mounted on Hutchinson’s. Just do it!
Sponsored