Sponsored

How quiet or loud in your Jeep? Armorlite Carpet Replacement install with Sound Deadening.

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
My experience with my Armorlight swap is totally subjective. I didn’t measure it. But to my untrained ear, it changed the type of noise. I get noticeably less road noise now. The wind noise of course hasn’t changed, but I figure I could go with mud tires now if I wanted to and it would be no louder than my KO2s with the stock carpet.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for the write-up. ArmorLite is on my list for the same reason as you - getting rid of the carpet. I would be happy with the same sound levels as stock, but now you’ve got me thinking about sound reduction as well.

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Curious how the backing material dries once you do get the floor all muddy and have to wash out. From the pictures the backing looks like it would wick-up a bunch of water and take time to dry like carpet. Just curious look forward to an update after you've spent some more time with the product.

Great job on the sound deadener! < quick question did the 36 sqft of deadener cover that area, have enough left for the cargo area as well?

Saldaddy00

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited 2.0L
36 sq ft of sound deadener - covered both front foot wells and tunnel, about half the rear floors, rear wheel wells (not shown), and 90% of the cargo area. 3.5 hours to get it all in, well worth it. No reduction in dB for me, but Jeep is much less “vibrate-ey” and feels more refined for sure. Both my 11 and 9 yr old daughters say it feels smoother. Even though no dB reduction, I could hear sound system better and had to tweak the eq… (then ordered new speakers, lol). Amazon brand, no smell, worked amazing. Some schools of thought say you only have to cover 25% of flat surfaces with the sound deadening. I’m going to add flooring underlay under the carpet (much cheaper than Mass Loaded Vinyl MLV) and then the 3M spray rubber undercoating on the undercarriage next to get more dB reduction. We’ll see. I also have the Magnaflow exhaust… which started this problem…. It seems to be louder on the inside than on the outside.

B15A3FB0-E6FA-478D-B797-28ADD99046C7.jpeg

7DE4956D-45D5-49BA-BA1E-75146038285F.jpeg

F40BE2C1-7D86-45CF-B8D6-E75AFF8F74D6.jpeg

BC0A5C43-973F-4142-9130-60EC436B3ED0.jpeg

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Curious how the backing material dries once you do get the floor all muddy and have to wash out. From the pictures the backing looks like it would wick-up a bunch of water and take time to dry like carpet. Just curious look forward to an update after you've spent some more time with the product.

Great job on the sound deadener! < quick question did the 36 sqft of deadener cover that area, have enough left for the cargo area as well?
Yes, I have one full panel left over.
Sponsored