Sponsored

How often is your diesel regenerating?

Bravo

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0, 2016 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega CTD, 2019 Roadglide Special, 2015 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV, 2019 Skidoo Summit X 165, and 2018 Skidoo Summit X 154
I’ve seen one in 8000... only because the EVIC showed it was regenning and it also informed me when it was complete...

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
I have been using Scanguage2 now since last 300 miles. I have had three active regens totally now in its life of ~2700 miles so far. The soot level is actually going down by 1% a day due to passive regen. It was at 54% last week (pic below taken the next day), and 49% today. I have noticed that soot level drops every 3-5 miles at 65+ mph when DPF temp is above 550F.

Jeep Wrangler JL How often is your diesel regenerating? 1614016883331

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I can't imagine running an EcoDiesel without some window into the soot levels. Otherwise there would be early regeneration terminations without even knowing it. When I get into the 70% range, I keep an eye out for an active regen to avoid premature shutdowns.

Honestly, this should be standard equipment.

Sponsored

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
I can't imagine running an EcoDiesel without some window into the soot levels. Otherwise there would be early regeneration terminations without even knowing it. When I get into the 70% range, I keep an eye out for an active regen to avoid premature shutdowns.

Honestly, this should be standard equipment.
Yes, I agree.
BTW, with the nature of my daily commute, passive regen is reducing net soot level on DPF daily by 1%. Two weeks ago I was at 55, yesterday at 43. Last active regen occured 800 miles ago which was interrupted.
Scanguage2 has actually optimized my driving style. I know exactly now in what situation, speed and DPF temps the passive regen occurs, and how to accelerate the cooling of EGT1 so I don't blindly idle unnecessarily before shutdown.
And I noticed that air cooling lowers the EGT1 temps faster than just idling. For example before coming to a stop, if you take your foot off the accelerator and cruise before coming to a stop for half a minute, my TRB temp goes below 400F by the time I exit the highway and come to a traffic stop.

Horsemover

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / 1997 TJ 4.0
The ScanGauge II seems to be the most popular choice amongst 3.0 owners here. I was looking for something that incorporated additional monitoring along with some customization features of the Tazer or JScan (Tire size/TPMS/lights/etc.). It appears that both are necessary. Am I missing anything? Just pony up and get the ScanGauge for monitoring?

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
The ScanGauge II seems to be the most popular choice amongst 3.0 owners here. I was looking for something that incorporated additional monitoring along with some customization features of the Tazer or JScan (Tire size/TPMS/lights/etc.). It appears that both are necessary. Am I missing anything? Just pony up and get the ScanGauge for monitoring?
I have both the Scangauge and the Tazer. They both connect to different places under the driver's knees. Think of the Scangauge as an instrument cluster on steriods that you use continuously. The Tazer is more of a set it and forget it device. There are detailed threads on here with options for mounting the Scangauge on the dashboard and fishing the wires.
Sponsored