Sponsored

How often do ya’ll drive naked and what do you use for protection?

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Curious how many drive with their top and doors off consistently. I have a 2020 Rubi JL and find it difficult to have the top off for any length of time as my workplace has no garage. I had seen this hardtop lift by Top Lift Pros online that’s on caster wheels that made taking the top off look simplistic( $800.00 or so). Lastly, is there a suntop that can stay on all summer under the freedom panels? That’s seems the easiest way to go if you want some sun on the fly. Thanks!
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Curious how many drive with their top and doors off consistently. I have a 2020 Rubi JL and find it difficult to have the top off for any length of time as my workplace has no garage. I had seen this hardtop lift by Top Lift Pros online that’s on caster wheels that made taking the top off look simplistic( $800.00 or so). Lastly, is there a suntop that can stay on all summer under the freedom panels? That’s seems the easiest way to go if you want some sun on the fly. Thanks!
Have you checked out the Bestop Sunrider? It replaces the freedom panels with a soft top section that can be flipped back and closed while sitting in the driver's seat at a stop light. Great option, if you're looking for quick sun and back to shade for the front seats.

OP
OP

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Have you checked out the Bestop Sunrider? It replaces the freedom panels with a soft top section that can be flipped back and closed while sitting in the driver's seat at a stop light. Great option, if you're looking for quick sun and back to shade for the front seats.
I may have seen a video on this. It’s more of a permanent replacement it seems. Is the water sealing as good as the freedom panels?

Sponsored

gsyoung

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU North Edition
I may have seen a video on this. It’s more of a permanent replacement it seems. Is the water sealing as good as the freedom panels?
Yes, it seals good. Fyi, I've got one i just pulled off my jeep I just sold... going to be putting it up for sale. Let me know if you're interested.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, can be left on year round but is not so permanent that it can't be reverted back to the factory freedom panels. It's just as weather proof as the factory premium soft top. The factory soft tops are unbadged Bestops.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Get a soft top and soft top window storage bag.. You can put the soft top in “safari mode” when parked to protect the interior. Rain coming? No worries because a soft top goes up in a couple of minutes.

Also use copious amounts of 303 Aerospace Protectant - you can use it on everything, just about (leather seats, dash, rubber, vinyl, plastic, etc.)

dieseljlu

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll check this out. I like the idea of being able to put the freedom panels over this.
I can attest that @JTopsUSA works wonderfully. I have the Bikini Top under my freedom panels and other than it being slightly tricky to unlock two of the eight levers to get the freedom top off, the JTop is clutch. Link here.

Stetson

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2014 Ford Raptor
Occupation
Project Manager
I like to take the doors off but keep the hard top on. That keeps the sun off, but still gives me the open air feeling. I like the half doors, i like the style and they do kinda make you feel 'contained' in the jeep.

half doors.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
It’s really a tough call. The JL doesn’t have a ton of room but I guess I can keep the freedom tops in the back just in case it rained. The idea of being able to use the freedom panels over this seems appealing.

tbOscarMike

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Oscar Mike
Get a soft top and soft top window storage bag.. You can put the soft top in “safari mode” when parked to protect the interior. Rain coming? No worries because a soft top goes up in a couple of minutes.

Also use copious amounts of 303 Aerospace Protectant - you can use it on everything, just about (leather seats, dash, rubber, vinyl, plastic, etc.)
Does that protect against sun fading as well?

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Ive had the top off for months this year, we just got used to it. I do have an alien sunshade and a cover for when the Jeep is parked. I got the cover from quadratec takes me about 15 seconds to put it on. Interior and exterior are protected from the sun.

ShiftGear

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
This will honestly be my first mod I do when I get my JL in August at some point lol
Sponsored