Sponsored

How much would you pay for an Autonomous option?

How much would you pay for an autonomous option?

• Total voters

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Shhh, this is how we get rid of all those annoying Tesla fanbois who can't shut up about their "Autopilot".
:giggle: Funny, but not funny. These people are driving on the same road with the rest of us. It’s scary that a LOT of people believe that autonomous driving mode means they can nap or read or text and let the technology do all of the driving. Like a sci-if movie.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gregodav

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
You know you still have to fully pay attention at all times and stay alert at the wheel even in an autonomous driving vehicle, right? Sheesh... :facepalm:
Actually, the goal when finalized will be fully autonmous driverless taxis. The 62,000 Chrysler Pacifica will be driverless taxis. No humans. Waymo has 600 driverless Chysler Pacificas driving around Phoenix and other test cities today.

This is from the Waymo site:
Looking ahead
With Waymo in the driver’s seat, we can begin to reimagine many different types of transportation, from ride-hailing and logistics, to public transport and personal vehicles. We're launching a driverless ride-hailing service, which will include our self-driving Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid minivans and Jaguar I-PACEs, and we're also bringing our experience to testing self-driving trucks.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Actually, the goal when finalized will be fully autonmous driverless taxis. The 62,000 Chrysler Pacifica will be driverless taxis. No humans. Waymo has 600 driverless Chysler Pacificas driving around Phoenix and other test cities today.

This is from the Waymo site:
Looking ahead
With Waymo in the driver’s seat, we can begin to reimagine many different types of transportation, from ride-hailing and logistics, to public transport and personal vehicles. We're launching a driverless ride-hailing service, which will include our self-driving Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid minivans and Jaguar I-PACEs, and we're also bringing our experience to testing self-driving trucks.
OK. Maybe it’s just me. I don’t trust that the tech is foolproof enough to snooze in autonomous mode or go completely driverless. Guess I’m officially an old man.

Now get off my lawn!!!!

OP
OP
Gregodav

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
Perhaps they should concentrate on getting the Uconnect to work flawlessly before they tackle autonomous vehicles.
I constantly argue with my Google Home and Amazon Echo Alexa voice controls. I hope Google moved the very best programmers to the Waymo unit, because I see a lot of class action lawsuits on the horizon.
Sponsored