Sponsored

How much wider are the Rubicon axles?

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
I'm trying too find the specs on how much wider the Rubicon axles are. I have read ALOT on many forums and cannot find a confirmed number. Thanks
Sponsored

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

LIJLURguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a quick question… I want to order differential covers for my new JLUR, will standard Dana 44 covers work with the new differentials? TIA

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a quick question… I want to order differential covers for my new JLUR, will standard Dana 44 covers work with the new differentials? TIA
not sure honestly...typically the hognose/pumpkin (whichever you want to call it) is a a standard 44 size regardless of tube width or vehicle application but I would have to defer that question to someone else.

LIJLURguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Vehicle Showcase
Ty

Sponsored

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think they are 12 bolt now, so you should wait.
@AZCrawl is right on that one top is the JL Rubi is 12 bolt, bottom is JK Rubi which is 10 bolt (via MOPAR catalog for JK)
20171130001929-041eb378.jpg
download.jpg

LIJLURguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Vehicle Showcase
OK, guess I won’t steal my TeraFlex 44 covers from my JK before trading it in… Oh well, thank you

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Really wish they would have not teased us with the KM2s for the promos and actually used those on the Rubicon vs the KO2s....every rubicon since they were created has had BFG Mud Terrains...even the recent JKR/JKUR had specialty BFG Mud Terrains that somehow still stayed stocked after BFG quit making them for the general public...maybe they got tired of not using off the shelf...maybe fuel economy....but dang them, those KMs look way better than the same old KO2 that every truck in america has on them lol

Sorry not trying to hijack the thread...just noticed it...close enough to axle talk right?

LIJLURguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Vehicle Showcase
Totally agree with you on the BFG muds , But it doesn’t matter to me too much, as soon as I can I will put 2 to 3 inch lift And 37’s… Need the clearance for rock crawling, that’s my thing

Sponsored

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Really wish they would have not teased us with the KM2s for the promos and actually used those on the Rubicon vs the KO2s....every rubicon since they were created has had BFG Mud Terrains...even the recent JKR/JKUR had specialty BFG Mud Terrains that somehow still stayed stocked after BFG quit making them for the general public...maybe they got tired of not using off the shelf...maybe fuel economy....but dang them, those KMs look way better than the same old KO2 that every truck in america has on them lol

Sorry not trying to hijack the thread...just noticed it...close enough to axle talk right?
Yeah, but Mark kind of explained it. More of an all around tire, quieter too. I will be getting Cooper STT Pro's anyway once my lift is available.

LIJLURguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, but Mark kind of explained it. More of an all around tire, quieter too. I will be getting Cooper STT Pro's anyway once my lift is available.
I’ll be doing 37 Nitto Ridge grappler’s on mine

OP
OP
rcr1340

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager

TJ Rubicons came with Goodyear MT\R's. 245/75/16

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
68" wide, this is 1.5" wider than the JL Sport/Sport S/Sahara, and 2.5" wider than JK axles regardless of trim.

Fun fact this is only .5" less than "full width axles".
This is pretty awesome considering we've been throwing one tons under JKs for all of these years to get 68.5 - 69" axles!

Ryan_Barnes

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Rubicon Unlimited, 2018 Rubicon Unlimited
TJ Rubicons came with Goodyear MT\R's. 245/75/16
Those original 1st gen MT/Rs were the best off road tire ever made for the deserts out west. I had them in 37x12.5-17's on Walker Evans beadlocks on my 06 LJ. Would run single digit pressure over the sharpest rocks never had a flat. And smooth on the highway at any speed. I miss those tires.
Sponsored