Sponsored

How much space in the front seats when getting half doors (JLUR)

Draelor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I know I've seen various comments and even some pictures (that I can't find now) on the space that is available in the front seats when getting half doors. Can anyone share their experience when picking theirs up? Ideally my wife and I will both be going but then it's a 5-6 hour drive home, can we make that comfortably?

Thanks for any advice!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Draelor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Anybody?

OP
OP

Draelor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Thanks Raymond, this is good but what it never showed was the room left in the front seats for passengers before the stuff is taken out. Since we'll both be riding up front with all that packed in there for several hours I'd like to see what kind of discomfort we might expect.

RayAllen

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Thanks Raymond, this is good but what it never showed was the room left in the front seats for passengers before the stuff is taken out. Since we'll both be riding up front with all that packed in there for several hours I'd like to see what kind of discomfort we might expect.
I'm not sure - it's been a while since I watched the video - but I believe the man comments that they had to take the one "top" out of the box, because with it in the box the passenger seat was pushed all the way up ?

Sponsored

RayAllen

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
@IAJeepguy has some insight.
IAJeepguy said:
"However, to answer you about the boxesā€¦ the rear portion, on a JLU, is packed to the brim! I am only about 5ā€™7ā€ and my seat was barely back far enough for me to sit comfortably and drive. We had a 10 hr or so drive. My wife is around 3ā€ shorter so she was ok, but she couldnā€™t recline her seat or move it back either. Her seat was also slightly further forward than mine.
Hope that helps. šŸ˜† Itā€™s definitely a snug fit!"

IAJeepguy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR EcoDiesel
Occupation
ACMX
I know I've seen various comments and even some pictures (that I can't find now) on the space that is available in the front seats when getting half doors. Can anyone share their experience when picking theirs up? Ideally my wife and I will both be going but then it's a 5-6 hour drive home, can we make that comfortably?

Thanks for any advice!
It depends on how tall you are. My wife is roughly 5ā€™4ā€ and it was just enough room for her. We had a 9 hr drive, and it worked. Iā€™m also on the short side at 5ā€™7ā€. Any taller and Iā€™d been too uncomfortable. If you take the time, you could possibly move some stuff around to make more room. We didnā€™t do that.

Andrew2311

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
He stated that the passenger seat was "all the way forward"... So I think you should bet on having the seat all the way forward.

OP
OP

Draelor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Thank you everyone! And apologies since I watched the video without sound therefore didn't hear what he said. DOH! I'm 6' and she is 5'6" so I am definitely concerned about our comfort level!
Sponsored