Sponsored

How much should I be able to negotiate on a used 2018 JL Sahara?

OP
OP

Alucard77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
That's correct, unless the previous owner didn't do his research and traded the Sahara in for quite a bit less than it's value. Is the current offer $36,200 for the Sahara minus $1,000 for your Grand Cherokee? If it is, I think it would be a great deal. That would leave a difference of $35,200 plus TTL. I wouldn't do it if I was the dealer, because I'd be basically giving you the Sahara for what I have in it and taking on an 18 year old headache that will probably end up at the local auction house.
Nope, that's $36,200 with the Jeep. Basically, he is giving me the standard $500 internet coupon, $500 more then my car is worth, and the $600 for the Document fees they were charging for. So I guess you can say he moved like $1,100 off his price.

In terms of the Jeep, I kind of agree with you. She is old. But did well by us. Poor Betsy!

Maybe I will see if he would split the difference. We are $1,200 off, wonder if he'll do another $600.
Sponsored

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Nope, that's $36,200 with the Jeep. Basically, he is giving me the standard $500 internet coupon, $500 more then my car is worth, and the $600 for the Document fees they were charging for. So I guess you can say he moved like $1,100 off his price.

In terms of the Jeep, I kind of agree with you. She is old. But did well by us. Poor Betsy!

Maybe I will see if he would split the difference. We are $1,200 off, wonder if he'll do another $600.
One more thing. I'm assuming that the Sahara is a JL and not a JK. Is that correct?

OP
OP

Alucard77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
One more thing. I'm assuming that the Sahara is a JL and not a JK. Is that correct?
Yup a JL. With the JKs, I could easily get one for $35K. Actually was looking at one in the spring that was already lifted for $35K, but wanted the JL instead.

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Yup a JL. With the JKs, I could easily get one for $35K. Actually was looking at one in the spring that was already lifted for $35K, but wanted the JL instead.
A JL is the better choice in my opinion. Good luck.

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
Ah, so here is the issue. I am looking to be $38K after TTL. Out the door price. Currently he is offering it to me $36,200. I want it for $35,000. After TTL, I will be at $38,000.

From what your saying, I am asking him for below KBB.
I was in your same position back in February. Here is the thread when I was asking about a pretty much loaded 2018 Sahara JLU with around 15k miles. I got it out the door for $38,500. All taxes and fees included. I went and drove it and whatever they were asking was more than I was willing to pay so I left. I spoke to them on the phone later and said where I needed to be to consider a used jeep and he said he’d have to double check what they had in it money wise. He called me back a few hours later and said we had a deal...

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/looking-at-a-slightly-used-2018-sahara.23801/page-2

And my Jeep has been great. I’ve put almost 6k miles on it since.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Alucard77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
You can get a new leftover 2018 for 20% off MSRP. I'd do that over a used 2018.
I have seen 8% below invoice, is 8% below invoice the same as 20% off MSRP? Cause if it is, I did use a workbook, and after TTL, I was saving close to $5-$6K on some of the cars I was finding. Granted the one I wanted just sold. So I will see if I can find something similar, but just wanted to check.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I have seen 8% below invoice, is 8% below invoice the same as 20% off MSRP? Cause if it is, I did use a workbook, and after TTL, I was saving close to $5-$6K on some of the cars I was finding. Granted the one I wanted just sold. So I will see if I can find something similar, but just wanted to check.
The 8% invoice deal (best deal in the country/only a couple dealerships do it) is on 2019-2020 new jeeps. 8% below invoice comes out to roughly 10-14% off of MSRP.

On new 2018s still on the lot, I have been seeing 20% off in my area. Other members have mentioned getting this as well. For example a dealership has a 49k Sahara marked down over 10k. Add AP to that and it would be 21-22% off of MSRP.

I see you are in NJ. From what I hear, they don't come down much.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
You can get a new leftover 2018 for 20% off MSRP. I'd do that over a used 2018.
While that may be true the best deals I could find on leftover Sahara’s had tons of options I didn’t want, and didn’t have some of the options I did want. Like $52K+ models with no cold weather package but dual tops, leather seats, etc, etc.

I ended up at close to 14% off MSRP on a 19 with the exact options I wanted.

OP
OP

Alucard77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
The 8% invoice deal (best deal in the country/only a couple dealerships do it) is on 2019-2020 new jeeps. 8% below invoice comes out to roughly 10-14% off of MSRP.

On new 2018s still on the lot, I have been seeing 20% off in my area. Other members have mentioned getting this as well. For example a dealership has a 49k Sahara marked down over 10k. Add AP to that and it would be 21-22% off of MSRP.

I see you are in NJ. From what I hear, they don't come down much.
Any dealerships you recommend, I could do a business trip to Chi town, and drive down with a new Jeep at that price. Maybe catch a Cubs or Bears game, and do a road trip on the way back.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Dupage Jeep is straight forward and offers great prices. Schaumburg Jeep has done great deals for me but I hear is hit or miss for others. Just have to find one that has what you want.
Sponsored