Sponsored

How much oil have you added to your 392?

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
How much oil have you added to your 392 since new? Also, did you do the first change at 6 months like the manual says?
Sponsored

JLanesey

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport, 1954 CJ3B
Occupation
HVAC
My last work truck had the 6.4 in it, by 80k miles it needed a quart a week. If it was my personal I would have investigated further, it was babied it’s whole life though. Left me with a little fear of the 392…

Left Field

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 RS-SS Camaro, 2021 JLUR392
I hit my first oil change based on miles. I added about half a quart during that break-in period. Since then I've got another 2000 miles and still on the full mark.

For better or worse, I take the 6 month OCI requirement with a grain of salt. For a vehicle that doesn't make mileage due to short trip driving I would absolutely change in 6 months due to possible moisture contamination and any potential acidity build-up.

Conversely, for our vehicles that alternate between being parked and taking longer trips (where the engine spends an extended time at full operating temperature) I change based on mileage even if it goes past the 6 months. To me it seems improbable that 'time being parked' is likely to cause any serious degradation of the oil.

It would be interesting to hear what people have found using lab oil analysis with respect to their driving habits and their conclusions about time based OCI.

OP
OP
Hearhear

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
I’d love to know how much oil people put in this 392 before the first oil change.

LTZ470

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep 392
Still full so far 1100 miles ODO
Sponsored