How much off MSRP for Diesel orders?

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
I don’t know the whole percent thing, I know I got 6,000 dollars off sticker and the only fee is the 250.00 document fee which is standard in Ohio.
Sponsored

mtnmerlin

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel, 2020 JLU Rubicon diesel

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
That is pretty good. Probably about 4% below invoice. You can look up the actual MSRP and FWP (invoice) prices here to calculate your exact discount percentage:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-wrangler-unlimited-order-guide-4-door.32990/
I am ok with the 4% off invoice because of what they offered for my trade. They offered me 1,000 dollars less for it than I paid for it new. (Ford Raptors have insanely good resale value). Plus I don’t have to fly or drive hundreds of miles to a dealer to get it as it’s only a few miles away. So I’m happy with the deal I got.

Last edited:

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
My sales guy isn't there anymore but could get 14% off MSRP if I tried. Waiting another year to see how the diesel issues do. At this point though no one should be buying unless it's above 10% off MSRP. Anything else is a terrible deal my $0.02.

Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
My build: MRSP $58,890. Out the door price including 7.5% off invoice ($51,091), title ($78), processing ($799), and tax ($3,152) is $55,120.
This is an interesting perspective. I went with a plain jane tread lightly discount on a rig with an MSRP $1000 more than yours...clearly not ideal compared to the couple grand in further savings folks on here are suggesting was possible. But here’s the rub...after accounting for the $400 less in fees and $3152 less in taxes, our out-the-door costs are almost exactly the same. Your state took your money and my dealer took mine...functionally the same outcome, but if I’m honest, I’d rather pay a private business via voluntary transaction than be stolen from under threat of state-sanctioned violence. But hey, that’s a discussion for another day lol.

oalvarez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JULRDiesel. Porsche Cayenne, Porsche Macan, Porsche 993
Cali/Los Angeles County.......15% unemployment across the country, negative GDP........very little if any discounts on what is left on dealer lots.

Take care,

SilverII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
There’s a whole tread on this with people posting their invoices. If you want to fly to Austin I’ll give you the salesman name that will sell you it for 7% below invoice.
Can you share the dealer name? Thanks

9mmkungfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
To be fair, with that $799 fee you're really about 6.5% below invoice, which is still a great deal. I don't k ow where you live, but for me Koons would mean travel. That's why I took 5% below invoice at my local dealer. But yes - you got a great deal.
No, I paid 8% below invoice, with a higher doc fee than some :) It doesn't matter what the doc fee is since the OTD price is less than anywhere else, nationwide.

I paid $29 to fly out and $120 in diesel to get back.

Sponsored

JMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, JLUR
Sooooo........If I paid $5,000 plus a $50,000 Doc fee, is that 90% under invoice? LOL
No, I paid 8% below invoice, with a higher doc fee than some :) It doesn't matter what the doc fee is since the OTD price is less than anywhere else, nationwide.

I paid $29 to fly out and $120 in diesel to get back.