Sponsored

How much off MSRP for Diesel orders?

JoeA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i, Shelby Cobra, Lincoln MKT, Ford escape
Are dealers discounting off MSRP for the diesel or are they gouging like they did for the Gladiator?
Sponsored

Andy-jr.

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 White JKU, 2012 Black JK 2018 White Grand Cherokee, 2001 TJ, 2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
I got 11% off MSRP on my order in MD.

mtnmerlin

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel, 2020 JLU Rubicon diesel
From my experience and what I have read others post in the forum, some dealers are giving their normal discount on diesel vehicles, and other dealers are not.
BTW, most of us ignore the MSRP and use the invoice price (aka - factory wholesale price) when negotiating a price. I got 7% below the invoice price which was 13% below the MSRP on my diesel order. Another thing to watch for are fees. Some dealers have huge fees and others have minimal fees.

OP
OP

JoeA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i, Shelby Cobra, Lincoln MKT, Ford escape
What are examples minimal fees? Thanks for the information...this is really helpful. Good to see normal deals can be had. Im out west so I'll probably call Marsh in Vegas and also the dealership folks are having good luck with in Orange County California

roll

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
vw tdi
I ordered mine for 7% below invoice with the Tread Lightly membership. Not sure what that calculates to what percent below MSRP

Sponsored

roll

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
vw tdi
From my experience and what I have read others post in the forum, some dealers are giving their normal discount on diesel vehicles, and other dealers are not.
BTW, most of us ignore the MSRP and use the invoice price (aka - factory wholesale price) when negotiating a price. I got 7% below the invoice price which was 13% below the MSRP on my diesel order. Another thing to watch for are fees. Some dealers have huge fees and others have minimal fees.
What fee were you chargee? I think my local dealership was charging 500, but the dealership I ordered it from was either 250 or 350

JMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, JLUR
I got 5% off invoice (11% off MSRP) and no dealer fee and no tread lightly discount. Based on some of the other reported purchases, 6% off invoice and no fees is probably about the best deal. I avoided any travel costs and got this deal 5 miles from my house.

mtnmerlin

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel, 2020 JLU Rubicon diesel
What fee were you chargee? I think my local dealership was charging 500, but the dealership I ordered it from was either 250 or 350
A few hundred dollars for document and inspection fees are normal. Some dealers add various items (such as hood lock, scotch guarding seats window tinting, hood supports, oil changes) and then charge a few thousand dollars in fees.

Adamoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon (2.0T w/ eTorque)
Here’s my deal. Please take a look. Other than a high dealer fee it’s the best deal I could muster around here. Dividing FWP by Selling price is about a 1% discount. Maybe I could’ve got the tread lightly discount and then asked for more? Until I see your FWP and Selling price (to do the math) I don’t believe any of the “8%” below invoice comments. I think 1 or 2% below FWP is as low it’s going to go. I worked with four dealers for this price but hey it is South West Florida maybe this is the low as it goes here but elsewhere they discount more. I’d love to see the paperwork on anyone’s EcoDiesel order. I’ll raise Cain if it much bigger discount lol, so please post yours if you got it!

Attachments

Sponsored

roll

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
vw tdi
Here’s my deal. Please take a look. Other than a high dealer fee it’s the best deal I could muster around here. Dividing FWP by Selling price is about a 1% discount. Maybe I could’ve got the tread lightly discount and then asked for more? Until I see your FWP and Selling price (to do the math) I don’t believe any of the “8%” below invoice comments. I think 1 or 2% below FWP is as low it’s going to go. I worked with four dealers for this price but hey it is South West Florida maybe this is the low as it goes here but elsewhere they discount more. I’d love to see the paperwork on anyone’s EcoDiesel order. I’ll raise Cain if it much bigger discount lol, so please post yours if you got it!
There’s a whole tread on this with people posting their invoices. If you want to fly to Austin I’ll give you the salesman name that will sell you it for 7% below invoice.

JMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, JLUR
Believe what you want. Signed order attached for your viewing pleasure.
To be fair, with that $799 fee you're really about 6.5% below invoice, which is still a great deal. I don't k ow where you live, but for me Koons would mean travel. That's why I took 5% below invoice at my local dealer. But yes - you got a great deal.

Adamoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon (2.0T w/ eTorque)
Sorry for confusion. When you say “invoice” do you mean “MSRP” or “FWP”?
Sponsored