How much money have you wasted so far?

PYLDRVR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito JLUR
Purchased an AJT Design FOB but when I finally got it wasn't that enamored so never even put it together.
Bought a pair of GPCA Grip Pros but after putting them on found we didn't use them and took 'em off.
Got some Rampage Hood Latches but haven't put them on yet so technically, I guess, that's "wasted" money.

Everything else has definitely not been a waste:
5 Duratrac 315/70r17s
CravenSpeed Stubby
Alien Sunshade
Mopar Grill Guard
Locking Lug Nuts for the Spare
Molled attachable First Aid Kit
GPCA Tie Down Anchors
Winching components from Factor 55
Sponsored

Hagie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Sting Grey, 2006 Scion xB RS4.0, 2013 Scion xB RS9.0
$250*

I am in the infantile stages.

*Spent but not wasted

Last edited:

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
None. Every single modification on my Jeep has a functional purpose and has served that purpose well.

Adam 4248

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
$757, monthly payment even though my Jeep has been it the shop for over a month with a bad transmission.

Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
We have all bought stuff for our jeep but if you could see in hindsight what was good and what was crap that you bought, what would you have done difference as far as purchasing accessories?

Here is my ongoing worthless shit-list:

1. Decals
2. Cupholder inserts (although I still have them but eh)

10 $ for car wash

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
So far my only waste was about $35 on the Rugged Rudge phone holder. I loved it at first, but after about the third or fourth time of my phone crashing down to the center console, I’ve removed it.

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
Spent: Around $10k
Wasted: Warn winch cover (great item but won’t squeeze between the winch and the OEM steel bumper) $60,

Mojito!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Unlimited JL
Vehicle Showcase
The Rugged Ridge dash phone mount. Great Idea but the quality hit a snag on the phone holder. There was no reinforcement on the ears that hold the phone. after a few uses one of the rubber ears broke.

JTops sunshade. It was not as easy to install as the video shows. The material is fairly heavy, which causes it to sag a bit. And being tall is a real pain. Unfortunately I am under orders from my Dermatologist to use a sunshade, otherwise I wouldn't have one! I will say they are very responsive. I purchased at the Jeep Invasion and did not open the box before I left and it was the wrong color. A replacement was promptly shipped. I also broke one of the buckles installing and they sent replacements no problem.Word to the wise, remove all the soft top hardware first before install. So I am looking for a lighter weight alternative.

JPeggz, I like them, great quality. They can be cumbersome to store and transport.Especially when headed to the beach. They were also purchased at the Jeep Invasion. The mirrors are a good quality. If the Carolina Metal Masters would have been available, I would have gotten them. But summer would have been over by the time they were scheduled to ship.

I love my Engel fridge/freezer, Bartact seat covers.

The best purchase was the premium soft top.

Without the Jeep none of this would be possible!!

For what its worth.

Jon

Oh yeah, the Jackery 500W power pack.

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
JTops sunshade. It was not as easy to install as the video shows. The material is fairly heavy, which causes it to sag a bit. And being tall is a real pain. Unfortunately I am under orders from my Dermatologist to use a sunshade, otherwise I wouldn't have one! I will say they are very responsive. I purchased at the Jeep Invasion and did not open the box before I left and it was the wrong color. A replacement was promptly shipped. I also broke one of the buckles installing and they sent replacements no problem.Word to the wise, remove all the soft top hardware first before install. So I am looking for a lighter weight alternative.
How tall are you? I'm, 6'3", and have held off on getting the Jtops (or any other sunshade) because I'm worried about my height. I've just been using the Soft Top Safari style instead.

To add to this list, for me the Proclips phone mount, every time I hit a bump my iphone would slip right out of the bottom of the holder and onto the floor. I replaced it with a 67 Deigns mount which has been awesome. I know others have been happy with the Proclips, maybe they have better roads.

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Im not exactly sure what's going with this Jeep thing BUT I have never, ever spent so much money on after market items for a vehicle as I have on this jeep. The worse waste of money item was a cargo mat that stank and fitment was crap. To think I haven't done rims, tires and a level kit or 2" lift (still on the fence).

Mojito!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Unlimited JL
Vehicle Showcase
How tall are you? I'm, 6'3", and have held off on getting the Jtops (or any other sunshade) because I'm worried about my height. I've just been using the Soft Top Safari style instead.

To add to this list, for me the Proclips phone mount, every time I hit a bump my iphone would slip right out of the bottom of the holder and onto the floor. I replaced it with a 67 Deigns mount which has been awesome. I know others have been happy with the Proclips, maybe they have better roads.
I'm 6'3". The safari mode might just be the answer. The problem is that we just tend to over complicate things in pursuit of perfection.The sag is the worst when the top is up and the magnet strip is folded back. That makes it sag just in front of my face even more.

When you said you were just using the safari mode , it hit me that i couldn't see the forest for the trees. Remember the acronym, K.I.S.S. Keep it simple stupid.

sixspeed

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JL
Only had my Sport S for 1.5 weeks, but so far I have added a set of Rubi rock rails which I got for $150. I have ordered a fuel filler cover and some hand grips. Will also add a bracket for a fire extinguisher soon. Window tint will be next. Hoping I can find a Rubi steel front bumper once their are more options out there. Also going to do the Racor lift after I clean out the garage.
If you would want to get the Rubicon rear steel bumper, it doesn't match up with your Sport S fenders

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

that's tough. I have an S and definitely not a waste. Best car I've had.
I was being facious - the Sport S was the perfect platform to build upon.
Sponsored