Sponsored

How much money have you wasted so far?

SkilledOne4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 1966 Ford Mustang GT
This will probably be painful but let's see...

JLUR - priceless

Paid Tracking Service - $20 (thank you @JLWF Dealer Guy)
Rubber Cargo Tub Liner - $29
Rubber Cargo Mat - $104
Hitch Plug - $10 (ordered before I took delivery and realized the Jeep came with one)
Stainless Sill Guards - $118
Screen Protector - $13
All Weather Mats - $104
Harken Hoister - $145
Side Steps - $345
Windshield Tie Down Straps - $26
Velcro Straps for Soft Top - $5
Mirrors - $50
Soft Top Window Storage Bag - $165 (still on order)

Not too bad I guess but considering I purchased most of this before taking delivery was the most painful part because I had boxes of Jeep parts and no Jeep for the 80 days for my build.
Sponsored

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
I guess I could say the personalized plates that I ordered 7 months ago when I received my Jeep yet still haven’t got so I’m still using the DMV temporary sticker..... other than that I’ve added about 7k in aftermarket stuff not including building/fabricating a Bull Bar, LED Light brackets(LED $$) and a rack for carrying spare fuel cells, HI-Lift Jack ....I’m waiting on tow bracket and bar so I can tow behind my RV, for the brake controller 2 days ago....

Sponsored

CNY-JLUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Waiting for delivery of mine sometime in September. List of planned mods:

1. Window sticker from daughter's college.

I will see if I can find one on sale.

Sir Harriet

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ Wrangler, 2018 JL Sahara 4 Door
Got my JL, love it so much...took it off the lot and out to play right away...got its first slight scratches, but feel like its mine now :)

Have only started on the mods and $ being spent on it, but being in Canada, we are even more limited on whats available...but I did invest in the mopar cargo liner and am not impressed. Ikea worthy directions that are horrible, and it doesnt cover all of the carpeted areas...which was my main reason for getting it as I have dogs, and the carpet is already full of hair which I am daily picking out. Other than that, I am always watching to see what is available...

Would like a suggestion for roof racks though...I have both roof options, so would I be smarter to go with something like the smittybilt full frame racks, or just a gutter rack? I do plan on hauling my canoe and SUP, so I am probably answering my own question on that one....sadly at double the price...but which of the racks are the best ones for looks and durability? Thoughts?

Also - anyone seen any cool places for diamond plate backing for mirrors and add ons?

Thanks!

iamdannysal

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
So far, almost $2K and worth every penny.

Soft Top $1,700
Running boards $200
Splash Guards $50
License Plate Frames $12

Plus, my kids still think I'm the coolest dad ever for buying a Wrangler which is priceless.

Sponsored

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
Some of the best money I’ve ever spent! About $2500.00. Compared to money wasted on my ex wife, this Jeep is money well spend!
HELL YES ! ! Spending money on this jeep makes me so happy...sometimes I spontaneously break out in laughter or I cry happy tears. All money in this jeep is a joy.....that only those who have X-wives can relate to. Spend on....and Drive on Brother....put that witch further away.... in your rear view mirror

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
HELL YES ! ! Spending money on this jeep makes me so happy...sometimes I spontaneously break out in laughter or I cry happy tears. All money in this jeep is a joy.....that only those who have X-wives can relate to. Spend on....and Drive on Brother....put that witch further away.... in your rear view mirror
Amen!!!!!!!!!!!

RedJeep78

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sport 2018
Hmmm with lift, tires, rails, bumpers, tire carrier, winch, custom powder coating I think I'm like 15K into my mods and still not done.
Boy it sure adds up quick.

Jp.jpg

Jp3.jpg

Wrangler-NS

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
The Jeep itself. I purchased a 2018 JLU Sport but I should have just purchased the Rubicon because I'm basically just spending lots of money upgrading my sport to be a Rubicon. I love my Jeep but in hindsight, I should have just bought the Rubi with all the accessories I wanted on it right from the start and been done with it.
Sponsored