How much money have you wasted so far?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Thus far, I might have kept $59.97 in my wallet.

-4 pc. frame hole plug set, $12.99
Two plugs are too small, period, and the other two fit rather loosely. Totally at odds with the vendor's ad copy. I should have guessed from the broken English that I was taking a chance here. Whatever.

-Dead pedal, $36.99
Still new in the box. Purchased prior to taking delivery of my JLUS, based on forum comments. Being long of leg, and not expecting the legroom that the vehicle actually provides, I use the firewall as a de-facto footrest.

-Clone of the Willys 4WD retro tailgate decal, $9.99
Also new. Changed my mind after receiving it.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Off subject I know but what fenders are those? Did they come with the lights? Did they work with stock inners? Yea, I need to burn some more money...... šŸ˜„
Stock fenders front and rear, but I chopped off and discarded the lower halves. The Rubicons and Saharas have 2-piece fenders that are plastic welded together.

The lights, liners, and fender retention hardware (used to add strength over the factory white clips) are from American Adventure Labs. I highly recommend their products.

It's a very easy install. They have a video at the bottom of the Highline LED's product page on their site. It shows what tools are needed followed by a step by step on the chop and light install.

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless but still a fan.
Rubicon itself is bone stock and staying that way unless a need arises. My flat floor was DIY built so cheap. This said, my Ursa Minor top goes on in March and those things are a pretty penny. =)

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Noon watt sew evir.
Jeep Wrangler JL How much money have you wasted so far? no-ragrets-temporary-tattoo-2663

Sponsored

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 YJ, ā€˜21 JLR, ā€˜22 JLUR XR, ā€˜23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Iā€™ve pissed away a lot of money over the years. However, it never felt like a waste of money to upgrade the toys I love which includes my Jeep.

8ED535FD-2BA3-41CE-85F3-7E25AB5D62AB.gif

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Need to define ā€œwasteā€. Nothing about my Jeep is a necessity and therefore the purchase price plus about $9,000 in extras could be considered a waste...or a bit of extravagance. That said I work to live...and my Jeep helps me live well.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Need to define ā€œwasteā€. Nothing about my Jeep is a necessity and therefore the purchase price plus about $9,000 in extras could be considered a waste...or a bit of extravagance. That said I work to live...and my Jeep helps me live well.
I'm hearing that!

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer šŸ˜‚
I live life by the smiles per gallon. 5k down the drain, maybe 1-2k left to go before Iā€™m 99% satisfied with my build šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
to be honest. i'm not one of those guys that buys crap. (in general term) i focus on bare minimum and necessary things for the jeep. so far i've spent
$348 supernova v4 led bulbs for headlight and fog lights from headlight revolution. well worth the $$ great lighting.
$100 rough country 2" led cube light (30* spot) with windshield mount. the spots are good. would of gone with the flood. but that was my mistake, not catching that when ordering.
$70 mopar locking gas cap. keyed the lock to the jeep key.
$70 2" hitch. just ordered.
$775 body armor rear bumper w/ tire carrier. just ordered.

more to come. and keeping it on budget.

PinoyPinay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Software Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Rubicon itself is bone stock and staying that way unless a need arises. My flat floor was DIY built so cheap. This said, my Ursa Minor top goes on in March and those things are a pretty penny. =)
Thinking of getting the Ursa Minor also, question, when did you place your order? Just gauging how long the lead time wait is, thanks in advance

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless but still a fan.
Thinking of getting the Ursa Minor also, question, when did you place your order? Just gauging how long the lead time wait is, thanks in advance
Ordered mine in October, was 6 month estimated lead time at that point.

chrisrizzo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Honda Legend
I can't claim I've squandered any funds! Except for a few tires that I never used and ended up selling, the rest of the accessories are constantly in use for my Jeep! Most of us in here, I'm sure, would love to have our Wranglers improved and lot shinier and finer than they are today! Unfortunately, it is really expensive, and most of the time you wonder how much of it is actually worth it. I even used this loan service once to improve my car. Despite this, I still try to make it seem better and better, which is why, owing to these guys' suggestion, I launched my own blog chronicling my experience with my Wrangler out in the woods and any other adventures I have.

Last edited:

vegasblue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
There should be a thread of what have you purchased that is still waiting in the box to be installed. I wonder if those parts get mad when I order something else and gets installed. I think they sit there and quietly weap.

1) Diff covers and front skid.
2) Steering stabilzier relocate kit
3) Rock Lights

Considering how much HAS been installed I think I'm doing pretty good actually. Next up is the American Adventure Labs tailgate table. My only misfire is my lift. I went with a 2.5" but should have went 3.5" considering I play in the rocks. I researched but have found that a JL does NOT "NEED" 37" tires with a 3.5" lift. I've found that a lot of those comments are not from people who's use aligns with mine. Lucky for me, it's just swapping springs and shocks. Not too bad in the grand scheme.
Sponsored