How much money for order ?

Rachel Ruby

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys and a 2010 Rubicon
How much do you need to place a order , I am going to order my rubicon extreme recon package with color Tuscadero in the first week of November one dealer said I need $500 to place a order another dealer said $5000, so I don’t know which one is right . I am wishing to put down a large amount so can I give the rest when I pick the Jeep up thanks Rachel
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rachel Ruby

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It really depends on the dealer. Some dealers require $500, others $1000. I personally wouldn’t go over a $1000.
Thank you for this now I know which dealer to go to, so if I give $500 to the dealer then can I give them my large down payment when I go to collect it

OP
OP

Rachel Ruby

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many dealers are waiving order deposits right now. FCA is prioritizing sold orders over dealer stock. $1000 non-refundable is typical. $5K is ridiculous.
Thank you for your reply I am glad I asked this now I know which dealer to go to

Sponsored

Talox

First Name
dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU XR Granite crystal (ordered 8/23)
Thank you for this now I know which dealer to go to, so if I give $500 to the dealer then can I give them my large down payment when I go to collect it
I ordered in august and only gave the dealer a 500 deposit they'll get the rest of the down payment upon delivery.

OP
OP

Rachel Ruby

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered in august and only gave the dealer a 500 deposit they'll get the rest of the down payment upon delivery.
Thank you for your reply and valuable information this is my first time doing this, so now I am not in the dark about this

GroovyGorilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WK2 Limited, 21 JLUR 4xe
Thank you for your reply I am glad I asked this now I know which dealer to go to
Not sure other opinions, but I would put it on a credit card with decent services. Before I ordered my 4xE in August, I had previously placed a deposit at a different dealership early summer. The dealer started doing shady things, and dodging my calls... It didn't seem like they even placed the order. After giving them 2 months for my deposit back, I was so glad I put it on my CC. Issued a chargback request and Wells Fargo completely understood the situation, had my money back in 3 days.

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
As others here have said, $500-1000 is normal. Some dealers will refund, some will not, if you don't buy it once it is in.

But, do not give them your down payment, until you see & drive the Jeep you ordered. Make sure on delivery that the fuses are pressed in nice & tight & tires aired down to around 35psi. Then make sure everything you ordered is on it. If so, take it for a test drive & make sure it is what you expected. Then negotiate the price & let them have your down payment.

Now, some dealers will negotiate a price when you order, such as paying Invoice price, or a certain percentage below it. If so, make sure that price hasn't changed before you buy.

Otherwise, have fun, find something to do while you wait. Waiting is the hard part, but so worth it in the end if you get what you want & you are good with the price.

How this helped.

OP
OP

Rachel Ruby

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure other opinions, but I would put it on a credit card with decent services. Before I ordered my 4xE in August, I had previously placed a deposit at a different dealership early summer. The dealer started doing shady things, and dodging my calls... It didn't seem like they even placed the order. After giving them 2 months for my deposit back, I was so glad I put it on my CC. Issued a chargback request and Wells Fargo completely understood the situation, had my money back in 3 days.
Thanks I will bare that in mind

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rachel Ruby

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As others here have said, $500-1000 is normal. Some dealers will refund, some will not, if you don't buy it once it is in.

But, do not give them your down payment, until you see & drive the Jeep you ordered. Make sure on delivery that the fuses are pressed in nice & tight & tires aired down to around 35psi. Then make sure everything you ordered is on it. If so, take it for a test drive & make sure it is what you expected. Then negotiate the price & let them have your down payment.

Now, some dealers will negotiate a price when you order, such as paying Invoice price, or a certain percentage below it. If so, make sure that price hasn't changed before you buy.

Otherwise, have fun, find something to do while you wait. Waiting is the hard part, but so worth it in the end if you get what you want & you are good with the price.

How this helped.
Thank you for your reply

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
Make sure the deposit is refundable and you have it in writing. With the current state of the industry it’s very possible your order won’t get built. My local dealer has already warned me if I place an order that it might not get produced.

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Make sure the deposit is refundable and you have it in writing. With the current state of the industry it’s very possible your order won’t get built. My local dealer has already warned me if I place an order that it might not get produced.
That's probably a very good piece of advice! I order 06/23 and the build has been pushed several times. New build week is 11/08.

Depends on what you order. FCA seems to be cranking out high dollar XEs and ERs. They keep stealing parts from my loaded 2 door Rubicon to complete these builds. Looks like the bean counters are in charge trying to make as much $$$$$ per build as possible.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
It depends when I ordered my 2018 my dealer wanted 1k. Placing my order with Chapman no deposit was required. Deposit vary be dealer + given all the scenarios happening in 2021.
Sponsored

Last edited: