Sponsored

How much have you spent on modding your Jeep?

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
what mirrors did you go with?
I went with the Lange Coyote Mirrors. They've been great. Very solid and like how the mirrors are convex so I can see more.
Sponsored

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
I'm no fun at this game... I've had my Rubi for 2 years now and spent about $1500 only on it. MANY things I want that I can afford to do... I've been taking the money I was going to spend on Mod's and I keep buying stocks instead... perhaps I'm the dumb one :CWL::CWL:

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
Wow...some of you are way out of my league. l’ve maybe dropped a grand between running boards, bull bar , lights and fun little interior stuff. I think I had a total of 24 things I did. it was so much fun I did it twice.
Had to take everything off the Sahara and put it all back onto the new Rubicon. Still have a few things left to do....steering wheel cover, interior lights, and cargo cover. No fun doing it in the cold.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
2020 JLR Bikini

Upgrades/Mods:
315/70 R17 BFG KO2's
Speedometer calibration by dealer
Mopar Performance Rock Rails w/'step assist'
Mopar Lift w/Fox and RK front spring perches
Teraflex IR front LCA's
Teraflex IR Adjustable front track bar
Teraflex rear track bar relocation kit
Warn Elite front bumper w/guard and skid plate
Warn Elite Rear bumper
Warn Zeon 10-S
Mopar leather trim (door panels, top dash, dash bezels and console lid) *Wanted leather trim but cloth seats
New take-out 8.4 head unit
JL VX800/8i amp and Pac Amp Pro 4. Also Metra front 6.5" dash pods and SSV Works 6.5" sound bar adaptors
JL Speaker package: C2 3.5" Coax top dash, C5 6.5" mid/woofer front dash, C5 6.5" Coax sound bar and (*Stealthbox sub coming soon!)
*The above are either installed, in boxes waiting for install or ordered & shipped waiting for delivery. Hope to 100% complete over the next two weeks.

Still evaluating skid plate packages. Also there are a few more odds-n-ends to add such as front-end paint protection and tint.

Total: Not even remotely interested in totaling up...Sometimes ignorance is bliss!

Sponsored

REDDRUBI2020

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 dodge dakota 5.9 R/T , 2020 Rubicon
Occupation
State Crimelab Tech
So, I'm just wondering where my Jeep-Modding addiction falls on the scale. I've had my Jeep one year and spent approximately $13,000 :puke: on modifications. I had no idea I'd spent so much until i made a list, and honestly I'm sure I'm not counting everything. The bright side is, I'm done with it and I'm not planning on any more mods:CWL:.

So where is everybody else?
about $300.00

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
I don't even have a Jeep yet and my list is already about $5000 with bumpers, winch, tires, etc......

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I had over 6,000 in stuff sitting in the garage before I ordered the JLUR. I know I am over $10,000 dollars. I will not added it up though as I don't want to know the actual price.

On a side note, I think I have spent more than that traveling to go off roading since I bought the JLUR.

I know I should stop buying stuff for the Jeep, but as long as the wife is happy, I am happy.

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

my Steel front and rear bumpers, two sets of wheels and tires, the 9 PIAA lights/light bar/mounting bracket, Maximus-3 classic hoop, MPC/switch panel and dozens of little things were free from board members (I swear, baby, that’s true - not a penny was spent}

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
i try to not think about the money side of things. and if the girl found out she'd want a way bigger ring. hahah!
LMAO! I was in the same boat last December. My fiance, wouldn't complain but I didn't want to face the addiction charges against me if she ever brought it up. So needless to say here I am at 23K for an engagement ring and all I can see is my hopes and dreams of my 2020 mods budget fly away into the sunset. I am glad I am not the only fool who gets addicted to the labor of love over something my ex wife would call, "putting money into things that depreciate." (She never understood the passion).

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
On the Mrs'. Saharicon: 2018 with 48,000 miles on it.
The first go around...
Rubi take off rims, RC spacer lift, front bumper, winch, rock rails. Around $2800.

Second go around...
D44s w/ lockers, aux switches, Tazer Lite. Around $5700. Technically $3900 of that was from the insurance company but it still counts :)

Third go around...
Teraflex ST3, DV8 beadlocks, 37 Pats, Teraflex track bar, Steer Smarts tie rod and drag link, Falcon 2.1 stabilizer, Falcon 3.1 shocks, RK Discos, Tailgate bracket, Road Armor fenders (all 4), Artec front fender liners, Rubi rails (used), Rubi steel front bumper (used), Warn winch plate (used). Around $8280.

So about $16,800 so far on her Jeep.

On my Rubicon: 2018 with 30,000 miles on it.
$42,000 - We said screw it, my friend was selling his very well built Rubicon (extremely close to the build above) with 29k miles on it and we went from "Let's buy his MC diff skid" to "Well we might as well buy his Jeep."
So I sold my 2004 LJ that said friend just dropped a new engine in, took the proceeds from that and dumped it in the Mrs'. Jeep and bought my friend's Rubi. We couldn't be happier because we now have two very capable rigs to go crawl over rocks together with :)
Sponsored