Sponsored

How much do you pay for your Jeep registration?

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
$39.00/yr. for passenger vehicles.
$21.00/yr. for motorcycles.

They are not recurringly taxed as personal property.
I'm in PA so same as above...but I do want to note that we somewhat make up for this by paying astronomical gas taxes.
Sponsored

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
$62 , no property tax

Blacktip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR XR
I really wish I had your guys fees after I get mine here in Colorado we have a usage tax for the first year it’s 2.1% of 75% of Msrp plus all the other bs fees added on so it be close to 1200.
You still far better off than NC. In NC, 3% usage tax when purchasing the vehicle. Two month later, and every year thereafter, 1% of the market value + inspection and registration fees.

This applies to vehicles, motorcycles, boats, trailers, etc.

Sponsored

JMGT25

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
$181 for 2 years plus $37 inspection yearly, New York. I can't believe you pay that much in Cali

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Plus A8 & F8 Green
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Sital

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys - Reign
$60 every 2 years for the registration.
$35 every year for inspection/emissions.

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner
$151 for 2022-23 registration. Debating on a personalized or vanity plate soon, which will up that cost to $158 or $164 respectively.

They've been climbing a lot the last 5 years or so thanks to the governors "catch up with everyone else" mentality, but I have no reason to complain after reading through some of the more insane amounts out there state to state 😬

Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Lmao $500. My first year on my gladiator was $870 and my 2nd year was $660.

Ya’ll are lucky.
Came to post exactly this. I'm just under 5 years ownership and I think I'm in the $400's now...

We pay registration based on the local governments perceived value of our vehicles. So it gets a little cheaper each year as you lose value.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
$90 in Bexar County, TX. To register you have to get a state mandated inspection which is $12. No property tax. The only tax you pay is 6.25% when you buy. Sales tax on vehicle sales is the same statewide, no local additions allowed.

Now, where they really get me is property tax on my house. But that’s another conversation.

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
When you can drive to surf world class waves one day, drive to snowboard world class slopes in a t shirt and board shorts the next, and drive to skate world class skate parks in between, all within hours of each other, with the top down and doors off, you’ll start to think the higher taxes are a bargain. I love CA. I’d hate living in the Central Valley though. Pay all that extra crap without all the perks. If I wasn’t into board sports I’d live elsewhere.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Yeah, Arizona is nuts on registration fees. The overall tax burden isn’t bad, but expensive place to own a car.
Yeah overall it’s very low and even lower with property tax not re-assessing with the value increases and flat state income tax of 2.5% this year. Florida would have only been $32 for registration but insurance was literally triple. FL is technically my primary residence (spend 7+ months there) but I have three vehicles here one there since we share vehicles with family quite a lot there and don’t do any tough 4wd stuff.
Sponsored