Sponsored

how much did you pay for your Jeep?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Secret Squirrel
Paid $45,579.82 + 1895 freight +10 omvic + 100 A/c tax for a total of $47,584.82 Canadian for 4 door 2021 islander edition. Sticker is 54,880 ... not sure how I pulled it off but a lot of back and forth with the dealer, sales rep, sales manager, Chrysler rep. I walked 2 times... kept answering my phone when they called back.
Sponsored

Last edited:

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Ram 2500 Mega-Cab LongHorn Cummins
34k for a 2019 JLU Sport S used 27k rental miles. Hard top, 2.0, auto, etorque in New Jersey
I feel ripped off but that's how much they were all going for in the area
That is why I purchase all of my vehicles from PA ... much better deals and dealerships in my opinion.

USNavyLDO

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X Sarge
Pre-pandemic pricing is borderline irrelevant now. New and used pricing has been rising all year and is forecasted to continue. Just bought a used 2021 Sahara High Altitude with only 6,000 miles on it. Original Sticker was $56k, I paid roughly $46k. Additionally, they gave me $25k for my 2015 JKU Altitude with 70k miles, that’s less than a $2k drop from what I paid for it 2 years ago And they’ve listed it at $30k!

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara altitude. The sticker price was $51,975. I purchased it for $49,899.43. I shopped around in the greater SoCal area and almost all the dealers were not coming down too much on the price. Love the car.
Jeep Wrangler JL how much did you pay for your Jeep? 03D72325-5BA2-4A90-9ADA-2FA139F1358D

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I still think I got a good deal on my JLUR last year, no matter if I got Covid traveling to get it or not....

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
I like looking at used Jeeps online and was surprised at how much the pricing varies state to state for an identical Jeep. For example a used 2019 wrangler sport was going for one price in one state then a few grand extra in another state. Just thought it would be fun to see how much you got your jeep for and was it used or new?
This has always been the case. 2 factors affect this, cost of living in that area and how much in demand that vehicle is in that area. Where I’m at, PNW, jeeps hold their value well, crazy well. I often shop out of state for used vehicles for this reason. I might spend a grand in travel but will save a few grand in price; and it makes a fun trip.

JeepVT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
6.5% below sticker for special order JLURD here in NH.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I like looking at used Jeeps online and was surprised at how much the pricing varies state to state for an identical Jeep. For example a used 2019 wrangler sport was going for one price in one state then a few grand extra in another state. Just thought it would be fun to see how much you got your jeep for and was it used or new?
How much do you make at your job? Maybe it would be fun to compare Jeep selling prices with the wages for the same line of work in different locales.

Thunderjet

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 F350
7% under INVOICE with being a Tread Lightly member and dealer financing which was below 3%. Contact Mike at Mall of Georgia.
If I didnt buy a Rubicon would of got another $500 off due to military discount plus another $1000 off from Jeep due to a "coupon" they mailed me.

HHDUTCHMAN

First Name
Hylke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Camry SE. ‘14 Odyssey EX-L
7% under INVOICE with being a Tread Lightly member and dealer financing which was below 3%. Contact Mike at Mall of Georgia.
If I didnt buy a Rubicon would of got another $500 off due to military discount plus another $1000 off from Jeep due to a "coupon" they mailed me.
How did you get the coupon?

Sponsored

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
it was hard to find a 2dr willys, nothing within 200 miles. i ended up finding a 2dr rubicon about 50 miles away that had the options i wanted most (alpine/premium / upgraded rears (willys/rubi) / towing / electrical / 2.0 engine.
i dont care for hardtop or leather seats. it has platic bumpers, i have an oem steel on order for the front. i'm glad i didnt pay full price for the bumper package and LED headlights. i was lucky to find her. 44.9k final price (total of all the charges and tax)

i'm happy that i got the aux switches in my package, and the halogen headlights which dont freeze up as easily in wintry weather. i have made use of those aux switches that came in my RAM they are the bomb.

Attachments

rockclimber

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Purchasing Assistant
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at this I think we paid too much but it’s Oregon so everything is just more expensive. My Jeep is a JL sport unlimited with manual windows/locks/lights (halogen) rear camera unconnect..pretty much bare bones. The msrp was around $40,000 and we decided to lease for 5 years at $275 a month. I don’t think I have the window sticker but the dealership said they add a clear coat the protect the paint (more money for them:headbang:) and so far no scratches or chips at all from rocks and branches off-roading every other weekend. My dad actually got it for me and at the end of the lease I’ll buy it. This summer I’m going to do the upgrades I need for peace of mind off-roading.
This is the day after we bought it and we went off-roading!
Jeep Wrangler JL how much did you pay for your Jeep? DAF0CB18-DF6D-42FE-BCFF-CA64C8ED6784
And this was about a week ago!
Jeep Wrangler JL how much did you pay for your Jeep? 7AD4506F-A216-40A8-A287-B94352D15CB2

The only difference is a trail antenna hinge covers and some stickers. I think Jeep’s are just expensive and it is extremely difficult to find the most basic 4 door for under $35,000.

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
My fully loaded 2019 MOAB was originally purchased in Oregon for 55k. However, I purchased it 9 months later with 6k miles on it for 40k.
The long story-The original owner was sold a vehicle/Jeep that he really couldn’t afford. He was promised a tech job in California, that fizzled out once he drove it down here. He then realized that by bringing it into CA, he now owed sales tax on the purchase plus registration (approximately $4,000). California gives you a limited time to pay up, so he needed to sell it quickly.

I just happened to be browsing Craigslist and saw it. I didn’t really need another Jeep (We have 3 already) but being a MOAB it caught my eye & peaked my interest. After meeting with him and understanding his situation, we were able to make a deal. The selling points for me was that it is a MOAB, it was less than a year old, bone stock and the few miles that it had, were freeway miles from him driving it between Oregon and California a few times on Highway 5.

This worked out great as I have lifelong habit of acquiring a lot of vehicles, yet avoid buying from dealers and taking the crushing depreciation.

A year, and a few mods later, it still feels new.

No regrets.
Jeep Wrangler JL how much did you pay for your Jeep? C7B7B2B1-0058-4A9F-A492-6E3DF225929D

Last edited:

RubyRubi

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon, 2018 Grand Cherokee
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara altitude. The sticker price was $51,975. I purchased it for $49,899.43. I shopped around in the greater SoCal area and almost all the dealers were not coming down too much on the price. Love the car.
Jeep Wrangler JL how much did you pay for your Jeep? C7B7B2B1-0058-4A9F-A492-6E3DF225929D
It’s so nice to see someone else from Southern California on here. Everyone always talks about how much they got below invoice this and that. It’s just not like that here. Some will say it is but it’s not. Dealers know the demand is high and can sell them pretty close to msrp. I just ordered one so it’s nice to see other people nearby with similar interactions.
Sponsored